28

"Honeyy!"

I awoke to Rhian's voice echoing from the outside of the room.

Checking the time, I saw that it was already 9am.

"Honeyyy! Where are you?" Rhian's voice calls again.

Despite Ann still peacefully asleep beside me, Rhian's calls forces me to reluctantly sit up, making Ann stir.

As I was about to leave the bed, Ann clung to my waist, whining, "Nooo, where are you going?" she spoke in a muffled voice against the pillow.

Clingy naman netong cute na to.

"Rhian's calling. I'll be back, I promise." I quietly reply, with a smile, and a gentle brush through her hair.

She lets out a groan, loosening her grip, allowing me to stand up

Upon opening the door, I found Rhian in the hallway, seemingly searching for something. She saw me coming out of the guest room and her expression turns puzzled.

"My God, did you sleep in Ann's room again?" she spoke, rolling her eyes.

Stifling a yawn, I close the door. "Are you looking for something?" I spoke, ignoring her comment.

"My bracelet is missing." she spoke, voice laced with worry.

My gaze drops on her wrist, seeing that the bracelet that she's always wearing is indeed missing.

"What do you mean? How will you even lose it? Lagi mo naman yun suot diba?"

She lets out a frustrated huff, rubbing her temple. "I remember tinanggal ko lang sandali kahapon while we were at the party. I put it sa table, but nawala sa isip kong kuhain ulit. I texted Max and she said that it wasn't there anymore."

"Are you sure you left it at the table? Maybe you put it somewhere else."

She shakes her head. "No, I'm sure. Can you ask Ann if she saw it?" she pleads.

"Yeah, but she's still sleeping. Maybe late-"

A knock on the door interrupts us, diverting our attention.

"I got it." I mumble, hurrying down the stairs.

Opening the door, irritation surge through me as Celeste stood there, grinning widely.

Is she ever gonna leave me alone?

"Hey!" she greeted in a high tone, met with my blank stare.

"What are you doing here?" I ask with clear irritation in my voice.

She chuckles, playfully rolling her eyes. "I didn't come here for you. Assuming. I came here for Rhian." she pause, pushing past me as she steps inside. "Hey Rhi!" she greets, waving at Rhian who's seemingly equally stunned as me at the sight of Celeste.

As Rhian questions Celeste's unexpected visit, Celeste revealed the missing bracelet. Rhian's gasp of relief filled the room.

"Oh, Thank God! I thought I lost it forever!" she exclaimed, clutching it close to her chest.

Curious, she asked Celeste. "Pano to napunta sayo?"

Celeste just shrugs, her eyes shifting to me. "I don't even know. Maybe you dropped it."

How did she even know it was Rhian's?

Though unconviced as I was, Rhian just nods slowly, grinning wide as she holds her bracelet tight.

"You're welcome ha" Celeste sarcastically spoke.

Rhian rolls her eyes, shrugging. "Thank you, I guess."