27

Still in the kitchen, waiting for Michelle, I find myself alone as Max attends to other guests.

The hell is taking Michelle so long?

I sigh, deciding to just go on my phone to keep myself occupied.

Suddenly, the loud clinking of heels interrupts my peace, diverting my attention.

Looking up from my phone, a pit forms in my stomach.

It's Celeste.

She stops abruptly upon seeing me, and our eyes lock. Her gaze turns intensely pointed.

"Ooh look who's here." she teases, smirking lightly.

Why is this girl talking to me? We're not even close.

I only offer her a blank stare, not replying, and return to my phone.

From the corner of my eye, I see her walking toward me, taking a seat across the table. Her gaze remains fixed on me, watching, making me uncomfortable.

I couldn't stop myself from glancing at her with annoyance. "Is there a problem?" I ask.

"Good question. Hmm actually yes." she pauses, pretending to think.

"You. You are my problem."

What on earth?

I shake my head, already not feeling good about how this conversation is gonna go. "Whatever. I don't have time for this." I spoke, attempting to leave. However, she blocks my way, cornering me.

"Nuh uh not so fast, honey." she smirks, standing tall.

Why did I decide to wear flats today?

"Don't you have anything else to do?" I mutter, holding an irritated gaze.

She playfully touches my hair, brushing it with her hands. "Didn't know Michelle's into girlies like you now."

What does that even mean?

Resisting the urge to fight back, I clench my jaw and try to walk away, but she follows, persistently blocking my path.

My God, grant me patience.

"Why are you running? I just want to have a fun chat." she innocently spoke, eyes blinking.

"What do you want?" I slowly spoke, voice low.

A smile tugs on her lips, eyeing me with mischief.

"I want you...to stay away from Michelle." she replies, mirroring my low voice.

A humorless chuckle escapes me, intensifying her pointed gaze.

"This isn't funny. Wh-"

"Who are you?" I interrupt. "Are you hearing yourself right now?"

"I'm being serious."

"Good for you." I let out an annoyed breath. "God, I don't have time for childish crap like this. Will you just get out of my way please?" I speak, attempting to leave again, but she grabs my wrist, gripping it tightly. The pain makes me wince.

"You don't know who you're going against with."

I look at her, brows raised, amused.

Does she really want to play this game?

I watch her pointedly, eyeing her from head to toe. "Last time I checked, I didn't enter some sort of competition." I pause, smiling. "You're not even on my level, honey."

Her anger intensifies, fueling my satisfaction. I'm glad I'm pushing the right buttons.

"This is your last warning."