30

babawi yan nagfafarm lang emz

...

Having just dropped off Celeste, Ann and I found ourselves alone in the car, wrapped in a heavy silence.

Glancing over her, I can tell how pissed off she is. She's fiddling with her ring again, eyes fixed on the window, deep in thought.

My mind wanders back to the argument we had, as I internally wince, blinking away the memory of the hurt on her face as she witnessed me embracing Celeste earlier.

What the hell got into me? I shouldn't have done that. I should've known better.

I can feel the weight of her distress with her silence, and it's killing me.

I reach for her hand, tracing soothing circles to redirect her attention toward me. Her gaze met mine, looking quite startled for a moment but was soon morphed into a blank stare, eventually shifting her focus back to the window.

Silence envelops us once more and it made my skin crawl. I'm not used to her giving me this kind of silent treatment. I'd rather have her screaming at my face than this.

"Ann, I'm sorry." I finally broke the silence. At the corner of my eye, I catch the tension in her shoulders, her gaze now looking straight ahead.

But still, she remained silent. A heavy sigh escape me as I shift my gaze back to the road.

Once we arrived back home, she didn't even let me open the door for her. She just went out of the car, like it was suffocating her to be there.

I follow her, despite her speed-walking. "Ann, come on. Can we talk?"

She ignores me, still walking, not looking back.

Rhian's voice echoes as soon as we step inside, her question hanging in the air. "Where the hell have you been?"

"Ann" I called out again, ignoring Rhian.

"Just give me a moment, Michelle." I hear her mumble, briefly locking eyes with me, her gaze full on pleading. So I let her go.

She went straight into the guest room, closing the door shut.

Rhian's eyes follow us, realizing something was wrong. She looks at me with puzzled gaze.

I just shake my head, sighing. I sat across from her at the table, shoulders slumped.

"What was that?" she spoke.

"I'm fucking this up, Rhi." I blurt out, as I ran my hands through my hair.

She sits up straight, comforting me with a shoulder rub. "What happened? Tell me."

So I did. I told her everything. Everything that Celeste told me, and everything that happened with me and Ann. She was staring at me with mouth agape by the end of it.

"Holy dick" she exhales.

"I know."

"That's a lot." she says, trying to process it all. "I knew Celeste wouldn't." she whispers, eyes lost in thought.

She pauses, as if hesitant to speak. "Are you getting back with her?"

"No" I instantly answer, voice louder than necessary.

She looks at me with wide eyes, startled by how defensive I was. "Okay okay geez I'm just asking. So init the ulo."

Rolling my eyes, I let out a sigh. "You know I have Anntonia."

Rhian shifts, looking down. "Are you sure about her?"

Annoyed, I question. "Why are you asking me that? Do you really dislike her that much?"