28

He led Sousuke to a large parlor, where he sat in an old armchair next to the fireplace. He motioned for Sousuke to join him. "What brings you this time Sousuke?"

"We are friends Rin." Sousuke said as he sat down across from him.

"I thought so, but you're the one who mainly comes here when you want something." He glared at Sousuke, "So what is it?"

"Hey, I just wanted to talk." Rin looked at him, disbelievingly but he let Sousuke continue. "I started dating someone a couple months ago."

"That's exciting. See what happens when you actually leave the house?" Rin snickered, "Well who are they? How'd you meet?"

"Well I met Makoto at that school that you and the other elders forced me to go to."

Rin couldn't help laughing, "See? You should be thanking us, if we hadn't made you, you would've never met Makoto."

"Yeah, it was funny cuz I actually asked them to marry me before we'd even started going out," Sousuke said, "But Makoto wanted to take it slow..."

"Tch," Rin sneered, "You're as impulsive as ever."

"Yeah..." Sousuke laughed nervously, "So here's the funny thing, Makoto is a neko."

"Animorph?" Rin seemed more curious.

"And so last week, Makoto told me that..." Sousuke took a long breath before saying, "He's pregnant."

"Wait," Rin leaned forward, "Did you just say he?" Sousuke just nodded. "So this Makoto girl you've been talking about, is a guy?"

"Yeah," Sousuke was completely straight-faced.

"Well I guess it makes sense... I mean the part about Makoto being a guy, you never were very interested in women. But how... How are you even in this situation?" Rin was still in disbelief. "He's really pregnant?"

"Yeah, apparently there's some condition that some male nekos have," Sousuke explained.

"Well apparently," Rin didn't know what to say.

"But Rin, how is it even possible that I could have kids?" Sousuke was genuinely asking.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you?" Rin jeered, "When two people like each other and get close, there are certain activities that they do that leads to children."

"Don't patronize me," Sousuke glared at Rin. "You know what I really mean."

"Well Sousuke, I don't know what to say, the more you have sex, the more likely you are to get pregnant. Granted he is a guy but haven't you ever heard of using a condom?" Rin leaned back in his chair, shaking his head, "We may have longevity, drink blood, have no skin pigments or reflection, but that doesn't mean we aren't susceptible to blood-borne pathogens."

"Rin." Sousuke just wanted answers.

"Sousuke, animorphs aren't like other humans. They're actually closer to vampires." Rin paused, "And because of that, a vampire and a neko can have a baby."