13

The rest of the weekend was bliss for Makoto. Him and Sousuke spent practically all their time together. When he was with Sousuke, Makoto could forget about the rest of the world and about hiding. It was just him and Sousuke. When the week and classes started again, Makoto and Sousuke still saw each other every day. Makoto had stopped thinking, it was like his heart had taken over.

Every day Makoto learned more about Sousuke but he still didn't know what it was that Sousuke was hiding. Makoto and Sousuke were spending time alone at Makoto's house that Saturday, so Makoto finally decided to ask him about it. Makoto looked at Sousuke as they sat together on the couch, watching a movie. "Sousuke..." He paused, "Remember the second day we met, your glowing red eyes? I've been wondering about it because you're not a neko, so are your eyes..."

Sousuke looked down at Makoto, "Are you sure you want to know?"

Makoto nodded without hesitating, "Seeing as we keep seeing each other like this, I'd like to know."

"Alright..." Sousuke smiled with one side of his mouth, Makoto could see a sharp incisor. As Makoto kept watching, the tooth began to grow, protruding down from Sousuke's gums, turning into a large fang. Sousuke smiled to show that he had fangs on both sides. "This is me, a vampire." Sousuke retracted his teeth and scooted away, he couldn't look at Makoto. Makoto sat there in a sort of stunned silence. Sousuke stood up and without looking at Makoto said, "Look, I'm sorry, I can leave."

Sousuke started to walk away but Makoto quickly grabbed his wrist. Sousuke turned around, surprise written all over his face. "M-Makoto?"

Makoto smiled up at Sousuke with his eyes closed, as angelic as ever. "Why do you have to leave?"

"It's... Well, it's just that... You really want me to stay?" Sousuke seemed genuinely surprised. Makoto nodded, pulling Sousuke closer. Sousuke sat back down next to Makoto, "It's just that before when someone's found out, they've run away because they think I'll kill them..."

Makoto leaned up to Sousuke, faces inches apart. His gaze alternated between Sousuke's eyes and lips as he said, "It just makes you more... alluring..."

Sousuke couldn't take it anymore. He took Makoto's face in his hands and closed the distance between their lips. He kissed Makoto hard, not able to restrain himself. Makoto just wrapped his arms around Sousuke's shoulders as he was leaned back against the couch. Makoto didn't resist when Sousuke gently pushed his tongue past Makoto's parted lips. He even got brave enough to move his own tongue along the edge of Sousuke's teeth, feeling the points of the sharp incisors with his own tongue. Sousuke broke the kiss only once to whisper, "I love you."