37

[A/N: I'm posting twice in one day? What is this? Well I decided to be nice since the last couple chapters were rough!]

Makoto gasped and started to tense and seize. Sousuke was still pinning him down to the bed because he knew what would come next. At the end of the seizure, Makoto let out a loud scream that shook the walls of the room. Makoto's eyes snapped open, they were hot red. He was snarling, showing long fangs. Sousuke pressed down on him hard, forcing Makoto down. Instinctively, Makoto lashed out with his arms, clawing at Sousuke's back. He tried thrashing his legs to get Sousuke off, but he wouldn't budge.

Sousuke collapsed on top of Makoto, putting his full weight on him. Makoto's clawing grew weaker as he focused on trying to breathe. Sousuke whispered in Makoto's ear, "Makoto... It's okay, come back now Makoto." Makoto stopped moving but his eyes were still glowing and his teeth were still bared. "Makoto," Sousuke kept saying his name, "Makoto, it's me, Sousuke... Don't you want to see our daughter again? Makoto?"

Makoto's breathing evened out and the fangs slowly retracted back into his gums. His eyes started to fade and when the red was entirely gone, Sousuke got off of Makoto. Makoto took a deep breath, "S-Sousuke?"

Sousuke stroked Makoto's cheek, "Makoto... I was so worried you were gone forever."

"I-I thought I was going to die," Makoto looked at Sousuke, "Then it was like I was trapped inside this animal but I could hear you calling to me."

"You almost did... die," Sousuke held Makoto's face in both his hands, "But to get you back, I... turned you into a vampire..."

"I'm a..." Makoto was surprised. He didn't expect that. "Then that means, I really was that animal, I was clawing at..." Makoto saw deep gouges on Sousuke's back and arms, chunks of skin and flesh were gone. Makoto's eyes widened, "Di-did I do that?"

Sousuke ran his hand through Makoto's hair, "You just need to learn to control the vampire and we'll be fine." Makoto kept running his hand along one of the gouges, Sousuke noticed and added, "I'll be fine. I had to make sure you didn't hurt anyone."

Makoto's mom and the doctor now came over and stood around him. They looked uneasy at first but then Makoto's mom held out the bundle in her arms. "Here, hold onto your daughter."

Makoto took Mariko out of her hands and cradled her. "S-she's alright," Makoto was surprised.

"I think it's the vampire genes, if she had been more neko, she might not have been able to come back from that." The doctor said curiously. She looked at the new parents, "You probably have a rough road ahead of you, if she's more vampire, it's anyone's guess how long it will take her to grow up."

Makoto held Mariko closer to his chest, "What do you mean?"

"Isn't it that vampires are stuck at the age when they become a vampire?" Sousuke nodded. The doctor continued, "Then it's because of Makoto's neko genes that she was able to grow at all. I'm not a vampire expert, but if she's more vampire, she might have a slower aging rate."

"Good thing we'll always be here to take care of her," Sousuke wrapped his arm around Makoto's shoulders and kissed the side of his head.