34

Makoto woke up in the middle of the night, he wasn't quite sure why. Sousuke was still there sleeping peacefully next to him, everything was quiet. Makoto was living with Sousuke now that he was 18, and in just a little while they'd be married. Makoto suddenly realized why he woke up, he was sitting in something wet. It took Makoto a second to put it together but when he felt something seize inside him, he realized that the baby was coming.

He shook Sousuke awake, "Sousuke, Sousuke!"

Sousuke sat up in an instant, "Makoto? What's wrong?"

Makoto gasped from the pain and Sousuke put his arms around him to steady him. Makoto just managed to say, "It's coming... You need to... call my doctor."

Without hesitating, Sousuke grabbed the nearest cellphone and quickly dialed. The doctor was on her way, she was bringing everything she needed to Sousuke's house so Makoto didn't have to go to a hospital. Next person Sousuke called was Makoto's mom, he knew that Makoto would want her here. Sousuke put down the phone and took hold of Makoto's hand. "It's going to be okay, look at me. Just breathe, the doctor will be here any minute."

Makoto tried to look at Sousuke and follow his breathing. In and out. In and out. But when another wave hit him, he couldn't keep from screaming out. He clenched onto Sousuke's hand. He was scared. This was really happening.

Soon there was a pounding at the front door and Sousuke had to go open it. Makoto didn't want him to go, he didn't want to be left alone if even for a minute. But Sousuke had to go, he ran out of the room. Makoto could hear him talking as he let his mom and the doctor in. Feet were running up the stairs to where Makoto was waiting. Sousuke burst through the door first, running right back to Makoto's side and holding his hand. The doctor came in and got started right away talking Makoto through it.