Part 8

A/N: I'm so sorry if you guys didn't enjoy this book and this is another long chapter.

I'm sorry

Alex was quiet the whole time they walked home since his breakdown at the diner. He never felt this way in front of anyone except for Nora but he knew Nora since they are in high school but Henry had made his way into Alex's heart. He hated how easily he breaks in front of Henry and showed him as vulnerable as Henry is.

As they were walking along the streets, Alex couldn't help but noticed Henry is limping and was left behind him.

"Are you okay?" He asks and Henry stops in the middle of the pavement exhaling as he rubbed his thigh. "Thank god you asked." He said leaning forward and cuffed his thigh with his hand. Alex rushed to his side and felt shivers running down Henry's body as he helped him towards the bench by the side of the pavement.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Alex asks as Henry sat on the bench and stretched his right leg forward massaging on his stiffed calf as he does so. "I'm sorry." Henry says and Alex sighed before he crouched right in front of Henry and rested Henry's legs over his thigh as he helped rubbing his calf and moved up to his thigh.

"Ahh." Henry groaned in pain as Alex cupped his calf and felt the tightness on his muscles. "Wait. It's not supposed to be this painful." He says and he could see Henry's eyes practically red holding on his pain. "It does. I don't think I can walk home now." He says and Alex didn't think twice when he pulled Henry's pants cuff above his calf and saw his calf is pale but warm when he touches.

"We need to get you to the hospital right now." Alex says and immediately got up and accidentally let Henry's legs down on the ground hard and he screamed in pain. "Jesus I'm sorry Henry." He apologized and immediately hailed a cab.

When they got to the ER, it was always crowded with people but Henry had Alex so he was seen immediately into one of the room. They came and checked on Henry and took some of his blood and Henry had some technician came and did an ultrasound over his legs. He was given some fluids and still denying the pain medication although Alex could see Henry is fighting his tears in pain.

After almost couple of hours of waiting, Henry was finally seen by someone, a lady doctor who had black raven hair and she was holding on to a metal folder in her hand.

"Good to see you Henry. The last time we met, you are barely alive." She said and Henry furrowed his eyebrow in confusion cause he definitely never met this woman before but when he looked to his side, Alex is grinning at them both.

"Henry, this is Dr Sofia my head of the department." Alex introduced her to Henry and they both shook hand. "Alex when I told you to get some information and get to know him, I didn't mean move in together." She says and Alex could see Henry hugged his body feeling the awkwardness of this conversation. Alex noticed Henry's discomfort so he decides to divert the conversation.

"What's the results?" He asks and Henry turned his eyes towards Sofia. "Well, there is minor occlusion but not severe. We can treat it with some medication to dissolves the clots." She said to Alex and Henry is having a hard time to understand any of it.

"Won't that be risky? He had some surgery and it's high risk for bleeding." Alex asks and Henry kept his silenced. "It would be but denying the medication would make it worst. We will start on the loading dose and will wait before we sent you guys home, in case if anything then we would be here to help." She said and Henry could see Alex nodded before thanking her.

When Alex looked at Henry besides him on the bed, he was so confused that his face is practically begging for him to explain.

"There is a clot formed in your leg that made it blocked the blood circulations. If we didn't treat it, it might get worst but if we do, there is high chances of bleeding cause it works two ways. It's to dissolve the clots and when it does, it can moves some place else and it also made your blood thin so if in case you bleed inside, it would be difficult to stop." Alex stares at Henry's face when he explained it to him and Henry pressed his lips together before he leaned his head back on the pillow.