Part 26

A/N: Sorry this took so long, I am currently unwell and it's only the third day of the new year.

It takes them hours to treat Henry in the emergency room before Alex finally could see him. They were all seated in one of the private lounge that the hospital had provide them for the sake of Phillip. Apparently he is an important person at the hospital because of his charity donation and Alex couldn't care less. He stayed by the chair few feet away from Phillip fidgeting in his seat. His legs bounced as he waited for any news about Henry.

"Sir Fox?" The doctor finally came into the room and called them out. "How is he?" Alex asked after he stood to meet the guy. "He's recovering. He might have concussion but the wound being stitched up and he received some fluids to help him hydrate." The doctor explained and Alex exhaled in relieved.

"Is he awake?" Alex asked and the doctor shook his head to answer him. "He fell asleep after the procedure and he refused for any pain medication so I think we should let him rest for now." The doctor continued and Phillip finally spoke, "Why didn't you give him some pain relief? He must be in pain miserably."

"He was in pain miserably for the rest of his life, none of it make you concern anyway." Alex blurted and they both can see the awkwardness in between them and the doctor. "He's resting for now but you can check on him later, if there isn't anything he can be discharged tonight." He says and they both nodded thanking him.

After the doctor left they were both remained in the room in silenced and Alex leaned against the wall with his arm crossed over his chest. Phillip was seated by the chair with his elbow rested on his knees and he sighed. "I owe Henry an apology, I know that." Phillip starts and Alex didn't bother to look at him.

"You owe him everything, his life, his future and his past. There is not enough apology that you can do that would fix Henry. You ruined him." Alex can see how harsh it might sounded but Phillip really irritates him and Henry deserves better.

"Does he do it often?" He asks and it shot Alex a look towards him, "What?" He asks him, "Does he cut himself often?" Alex pressed his lips turning his gaze back to the floor and nodded. "Mum used to do that, sometimes it gets too much and I can't stand her keep hurting herself but Henry is always there for her. He's the one who cleans her up after she passed out." Phillip remembers it well how they are struggling to deal with their mother after their father's death. He was so angry at his mother for denying her responsibilities as a mother to them and Henry is always the good son and helps them.

"I was angry at Henry for allowing her to do such a thing." Phillip continued and Alex turned his gaze back at him, he can see Phillip leaned against the chair with his arm rested on his lap in his steady posture. "He won't judge, he never did to any of us. He always sees the good in people even when they treated him like shit." Alex could see a single tear fell on Phillip's cheek and he wiped it in hurry.

"Your crocodile tears won't work on me. I know Henry better than you and I know how good he is. He would rather die than having people he'd love hurting. That after all these years, he never blames you, not once for what happened to him. Instead, he blames himself." Phillip looked up to meet Alex's raging eyes and saw how difficult it is for him to see Phillip and not to hit him.

"I know I can never change the past but Henry is my brother." Phillip says before he was interrupted by Alex. 

"He is still your brother when that fucking guy raped him. He is still your brother when he asks for your help not to ruin his life by marrying him off to someone else. He is still your brother when you kicked him out of his own home. What's your excuse Phillip?" Alex strides closer to face Phillip and he knows how intimidating he can be now he has the higher ground.