Part 35

Alex stops middle of the hallway after running out of the room wanting to turn back and just tell Henry how much he miss him too. Every ounce of him wanting to hug Henry and kissed the life out of him and never wanted him to leave Alex again. But if he does that, he didn't just hurt one person but he will hurt both Henry and Gideon. He can't hurt Gideon by choosing Henry over him, not after everything Henry had done, it would be weak for Alex to go back to him. But he can't exactly pushed Henry away from his life, they had history together. It would be a lie for him to be with Gideon while thought about Henry most of the time.

He held the bannister with his chest burning like fire, his feet glued to the carpeted floor underneath him and he saw the crowd chatting and drinking enjoying their time together. It wasn't until he saw Nora climbed the stairs right in front of him only then he broke down and cried. Nora didn't think twice before she ran towards Alex and hugged him and they both seated by the staircase.

"I hate him. I hate how he makes me feel this way." Alex whispered and Nora rubs soft circles on his back. "You don't hate him sweetie, you love him too much." Nora replies and Alex pulls back from their hug. "How do I stop loving him?" Alex asks and Nora sighed. "We don't forget out greatest love Alex. It stays with you until you die." Alex lowered his gaze to his hand on his knees and Nora grabbed his in hers. "Let's get you a drink." She says and Alex smiles nodding letting Nora pulls him back to the crowd and joined Sophia getting their drinks.

Little did he knows Henry was right behind them watching how Nora always there by his side to help him and he envied that. Nora has been Alex's best friend since forever and he knows Alex is going to be alright considering Nora is there by his side. He had her, he had his family, leaving Henry again, all by his own.

He escaped the party and left alone without Shan knowing and wanders around the city of New York right in the middle of the cold January.

Alex was enjoying his drinks with the girls having the best time of their lives. For once, Alex can feel the huge weight of worrying about Henry almost lifted and the rope that ties around his heart seems detached. They were enjoying themselves by the bar before he excused himself to go to the bathroom. On his way there, he bumped into a certain Indian gentleman in a tailored suit. He looks posh with his beard trimmed neatly and his eyes lurking around until it landed on Alex.

"Alex." He called and it caught him by surprised that this guy knows him. "Yeah? Do I know you?" He asks and Shan sighed before he introduced himself. "Have you seen Henry? I can't find him." Shan asks and Alex rolled his eyes at him, "Don't know, don't care." He tried to pass by him but Shan caught his elbow and pulls him back.

"I know about you and Henry but you don't know what happened to him. So please, help me find him." Shan said and his voice is almost pleading. Alex stares at his contorted face and saw nothing but fear and worry, like the one he used to have. "I think it's time for the prince to take care of himself and stop letting other people's life ruined because of him." Alex slurred and he can see Shan clenched his jaw tight and before Alex knew it, he was pressed by his collar against the wall beside him and face Shan angry look.

"Listen here you little shit! I don't care that you are hurt because he left. But he left for a reason and that reason is to ease you from the pain and not wanting to be your burden anymore. Don't think for once that he didn't suffer way more than you ever did. There isn't one minute of his life he didn't thought about you. He fixed himself for you so he could prove to you that he loves you more than his own life. You can't care enough about him, at least care that he tried his best to make you proud." Shan released his tight grip over Alex's collar and left him to process his thought of Henry.