Part 21

Alex didn't remember how long he was sitting by Henry side when he felt a hand over his shoulder and he shot up. He looked beside him and found his parents towering over him with the same look he has, miserable. "How is he?" Ellen asks and he sighed returning his gaze towards Henry sleeping on the bed restrained cuffed over both of his wrist.

"I don't know. He hasn't wake up." He said stroking his hands softly and his mother took a seat by his side on Henry's bed. "Is this really necessary?" His mother asks seeing Henry's wrist all bandage up and Alex had asks the same questions.

"They said it's protocol." Ellen exhaled sharply and began to undo the tie on Henry's wrist. "Mum, you can't." He tried to stop her but she already undid one restraint and moved on to the other. "The hell with them, this is inhumane, he is not hurting anyone else and this is not helping his mental state." Ellen says and Alex can feel the proudness in him for his mother, she was right.

Alex sat there for the next hours and his parents decides to get something for him to eat in the cafeteria since he didn't had any breakfast earlier. He stayed by Henry side and waited for him only few hours later he managed to see Henry waking up.

"Hen?" He called leaning forward closer to him and he can see Henry slowly flutters his eyes trying to open. When he managed to adjust to the light in the room, Alex can see the way his face dropped after he realized where he was. Alex saw Henry shuts his eyes close and a single tear breaks from him and he whimpered.

"Babe." Alex stroke his cheek with his thumb and he looked to his side. Alex is right next to him within his reach but somehow Henry felt he is further away.

"I'm sorry." He breaks and more tears flooded from his eyes falling down on his temple and Alex didn't think twice, he pulled Henry towards his chest and hugged him tight in his embrace. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry." Henry repeated and Alex can feel him shuddering in his own tears and Alex stroke Henry's back hushing soft words in his ears.

"Alex I'm sorry. I was weak. I didn't mean too." Henry apologized and pushed Alex away so he could see him properly. Alex nodded lowering his gaze to the bedding right on Henry's bed and he didn't say much. "Do you forgive me?" He asks and Alex mouth gaped, trying to find the right word to say it but the only thing it comes out was nothing but air that he breathe.

"Alex?" Henry asks and Alex finally looked up to him, "You just prove yourself that you're just like June, Hen. You just made my nightmare came true. I don't know what else I'm supposed to say cause I'm afraid to say the wrong thing that would trigger you again." Henry felt the stabbing pain in his chest grew when he heard Alex told him that he is just like his dead sister.

"Are you giving up on me?" He asks and Alex pressed his lips together. "You give up on us before I could say anything else." Alex replied and Henry gripped his chest tighter in his fist.

He leaned back on the pillow and laid on his side with his back facing Alex. "I don't know how to help you Henry. I thought I was enough but- obviously I'm not." Alex sobs when he told him and wished for Henry to say something else but he only stares into the space in between him.

"You're right." Henry said and Alex eyed him as he sat up to face him. Henry sighed and Alex can see the swollen in Henry's eyes are even more visible with his cries. "I know you thought you are not enough, but Alex, it wasn't you, it's me. Every single day I wake up, I need to make sure that I'm not dreaming especially when I woke up next to you. That every time I was happy, I needed to remind myself that I don't deserve this happiness. That every time you kiss me, I can't stop thinking how you could kiss someone better that deserves you better."

His tears fell on his cheek as he closed his eyes and Alex cupped his cheek in his hand feeling the coldness of Henry's cheek warming up to his. "I don't deserve you Alex, not in this life. I wish you could see that." Alex shook his head before he cupped Henry's other cheek with his other palm. "I do, Henry. I do see it."