002

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE

➳༻❀✿❀༺➳

The wind was blowing through her hair, as she was sitting on a cliff looking down on a lake, making her look like an airy princess.

The cold didn't bother her; it was as if she had become numb to the chill, both in her senses and in her heart. The lake appeared calm from the cliff, but her mind was everything but calm. She gazed up at the sky and let out a long sigh.

"I don't have much to complain about, you know?" Jennie said, looking up at the sky as if addressing someone up there.

"Except for one thing," she added, her eyes welling up with tears.

She clenched her fists, her knuckles turning white as she tried to hold back the tears that threatened to spill.

"I have everything I could ever want," she continued, her voice thick with emotion. "Money, success, power. Everything except...love."

"It's funny, isn't it?" she said with a bitter laugh. "That the one thing I crave more than anything else...is the one thing I can't seem to find."

She wiped at her eyes, annoyed with herself for showing weakness. She was supposed to be strong, tough, unfeeling.

"I've tried so hard to convince myself that I don't need it," she whispered. "That I'm better off focusing on my career, on my empire. But the hole in my heart...it just grows bigger every day."

She turned her gaze back to the lake below, the dark water reflecting the turmoil in her eyes.

"I've had relationships," she went on. "Flings, hookups, but none of them have lasted. I've been used, discarded one too many times."

A tear slipped down her cheek, and her jaw clenched.

"I've built up these walls around my heart," she said, her voice taking on a defiant tone. "I don't trust easily, and I don't let anyone get too close. But I'm so tired of being alone."

She drew in a shaky breath, the cold air stinging her lungs.

"I just want to be loved," she whispered. "Is that so much to ask for?"

The question hung in the air, unanswered. Jennie sat there, feeling more vulnerable than she had in years.

The wind picked up again, tearing through her hair and making her shiver, but she didn't move. She sat there, her gaze fixed on the lake below, her heart heavy.

"I guess some people are just meant to be alone?" she murmured, more to herself than anyone else.

She closed her eyes, letting the tears fall freely now, staining her cheeks like bitter rain.