018

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

23rd May
8: 30 am
Seoul, Korea

The hospital had an overwhelming smell, intensified by the strong scent of medicines. The nurses were scurrying around, frantically searching for the necessary equipment for Jennie's surgery. "Ava, grab the oxygen mask!" one of them called out. "On my way!" Ava replied, rushing to fulfill the request.

Another nurse chimed in, "Let's get Doctor Namjoon in here, the surgery is about to begin."

Ava quickly located the oxygen mask and handed it to her colleague. "Here you go," she said, brushing a loose strand of hair away.

Meanwhile, another nurse picked up the phone and dialed Doctor Namjoon's number. "We need you in the operating room, Doctor. The surgery is about to start," she informed him, her voice urgent yet composed.

Within moments, Namjoon arrived, wearing his surgical scrubs. He assessed the situation, nodding to the nurses. "Let's get started."

•••

Lisa, Rosé, Jimin, and Jungkook rushed into the hospital, knowing about Jennie's surgery since they had heard the news four days ago when Jennie's health took a turn for the worse, with her coughing up blood.

They were extremely worried and couldn't quite grasp what was happening. Lisa and Rosé cried their hearts out, hugging Jennie tightly like children, while she simply smiled softly without saying a word.

Upon noticing Jisoo and Taehyung in the waiting area, they approached them. Rosé and Lisa promptly embraced their unnie, who reciprocated the gesture with equal warmth.

Jungkook and Jimin also greeted Taehyung with a friendly hug. The four of them had developed a close bond through frequent gatherings and shared meals with Jennie.

"The surgery?" Jimin asked, noticing the closed door of Jennie's room. Taehyung glanced at it and replied, "Already started." Jungkook let out a sigh, as he wanted to see Jennie before the surgery, just once.

"The c-chances of her s-surviving are around 60%," Jisoo said, her eyes welling up with tears. Rosé quickly wiped them away. Rosé and Jisoo had a close bond, both having a nurturing nature. Rosé was like a mother to Lisa, and Jisoo was like a mother to Jennie.

Hours passed by, and Rosé and Jisoo had already dozed off from exhaustion. Jimin and Jungkook went out to grab some food for everyone, while Taehyung found himself fixated on the closed door, feeling the urge to break it down just to catch a glimpse of her.

"Please, be okay," he whispered softly.

About Lisa, she was also praying for her unnie. Out of all their friends, Lisa was the closest to Jennie, maybe even closer than Jisoo. They always played together, cried and laughed together.

Jennie wasn't cold like always, Lisa had seen her changing after her parents' death. But she knew that the soft innocent Jennie is still hidden somewhere in her unnie's heart.

Jimin and Jungkook came back with a bunch of bags and noticed that everyone seemed lost in their thoughts. "How much longer?" Jungkook asked anxiously, his worry for Jennie evident in his voice. After all, he had been Jennie's best friend since childhood.

"We're just waiting to hear any updates," Lisa said, glancing at the clock and realizing it was already 6 pm. She was so worried that she hadn't eaten in nine hours.

•••

Finally, the surgery came to an end. Namjoon stepped back, wiping the sweat from his brow. He looked at his team, a sense of relief washed over him as he said with a genuine appreciation "Great job, everyone."

As the door to the operating room slowly swung open, everyone in the waiting area stood up. The tired figure of Namjoon emerged, his shoulders slumped and his face lined with exhaustion.

"Hyung, what happened? How did the surgery go? Is she going to be alright?" Taehyung asked, turning to him.

Namjoon took a deep breath before answering, "The surgery went well," he replied. "We were able to complete the procedure successfully, but Jennie is still unconscious due to the effects of the anesthesia. It will take some time for her to wake up."

With that, Namjoon excused himself, heading back to attend to his other patients. The waiting room fell into a quiet calm, with everyone holding onto hope for Jennie's recovery. Lisa weakly hugged Jisoo and whispered, "I told you she was gonna be okay."

"I know, I know," Jisoo replied, looking up at the ceiling and silently thanking God.

"Everyone, listen up. We all know she's fine, and I'm here for her. But you guys seriously need some rest," Taehyung said, pointing at their tired faces.

"We're not going anywhere until she wakes up," Rosé replied, slumping back onto the sofa, completely ignoring Taehyung's glares.

"You look like an old chipmunk," Taehyung stated, gesturing towards her face. "Those wrinkles are looking kinda ugly."

The room erupted in laughter as Rosé playfully whined in response to Taehyung's comment.

"Cute!" Jimin whispered, looking at her with a smile. Jungkook and Taehyung exchanged a knowing glance, like a silent message that said, 'They're into each other.'

MOMENTS LATER

As everyone started packing up to leave, Taehyung insisted that he would be there for her if she needed anything. Jisoo didn't want to go anywhere, so Taehyung gave in and decided to let her stay.

"If you need anything, just give us a call." Jimin said as he took his car keys looking at them. Jisoo and Taehyung just nodded with a tired smile and bid them goodbye.

"Noona, you should've gone with them. You'll get sick," Taehyung said again, trying to convince her. But all he got in response was a simple "I don't care."