035

As the morning sun slowly filtered through the curtains, the brunette stirred in her sleep. She felt a strange sensation in her stomach, a mix of anxiety and unease. With a sudden jolt, she woke up, her heart racing.

Feeling overwhelmed, Jennie stumbled out of bed and rushed to the bathroom. Her hands trembled as she gripped the sink, trying to steady herself. The reflection in the mirror showed her wide, fearful eyes, searching for answers.

And then, as if out of nowhere, a wave of nausea crashed over her. Jennie's face turned pale, and she clutched her stomach, desperately trying to suppress the rising discomfort. But it was too late. She couldn't hold it back any longer.

With a sudden lurch, she leaned over the toilet bowl, her body convulsing as she vomited. The sound echoed through the big bathroom, a stark reminder of her vulnerability. Tears welled up in her eyes as she wiped her mouth, feeling a mixture of confusion and exhaustion.

"What's wrong with me?" she whispered, breathing heavily.

She brushed off the thought, thinking it might be her mood swings since her period was approaching. She got ready for work, put on her watch, and grabbed her phone before heading downstairs.

✮✮✮

"Good morning, unnie," She greeted Jisoo, who had just arrived and hung her bag on the back of the chair before taking a seat.

Upon noticing Jennie, she smiled and nodded with a greeting of, "Good Morning, little mandu."

"Are you going somewhere today?" Jennie asked as she noticed Jisoo decked out in beautiful clothing and minimal, yet stylish jewelry.

"Oh yeah, today, Jin's gonna pick me up for-," Jisoo paused, smiling shyly as she played with her fingers, making Jennie laugh. "What happened? Are you serious?" Jennie exclaimed, noticing Jisoo was blushing. "You never blush this much; holy moly, my sister has fallen in love."

"Yaah, don't tease me," Jisoo exclaimed, lightly smacking Jennie's arm, only to draw out a small "Ouch!" from her.

"You're going shopping with him?" Jennie inquired, noting that Jisoo was only nodding but not offering any further details.

"Mind finishing your sentence?" Jennie inquired further, making it sound more like a request, as if there were more to Jisoo's statement.

"We're going to shop for my wedding dress today," Jisoo announced, leaving Jennie speechless, causing her to choke on her sushi, drop her chopsticks, and stare wide eyed with surprise.

"REALLY?" she shouted before jumping up and giving Jisoo a tight hug. Jisoo nodded with a shy smile and hugged her back with the same passion.

"Soooo, when do you want your wedding to be?" Jennie teased, flashing a mischievous smile.

Jisoo leaned back in her chair, gazing dreamily at the ceiling. "I actually talked to Jin about it two days ago. He..He said he's ready to marry me r-right away. But I think we should wait for about a month before tying the knot."

Jennie's face lit up with excitement as she pressed her lips together, giving Jisoo a tight-lipped smile. She glanced at her watch and nodded.

"Shit! I'm running late, gotta go! See you later, unnie," Jennie exclaimed, her eyes widening as she grabbed her bag and hurriedly made her way out, leaving Jisoo with a smile on her face.

Jisoo chuckled to herself and muttered, "This kid."

✮✮✮

Jennie sat at her desk, her fingers dancing across the keyboard as she typed furiously. Click, clack, click, clack. The sound of her fingers hitting the keys echoed through the room, accompanied by the occasional click of her mouse as she navigated through her work.

As she continued to work, a sense of unease began to creep up on her. Her brow furrowed, and she paused for a moment, staring at the screen with a sense of growing anxiety. Something didn't feel right.

With widened eyes, Jennie abruptly pushed her chair back and stood up, her heart pounding in her chest. She hurriedly made her way to the bathroom, the sound of her footsteps echoing through the hallway. Thump, thump, thump.

"What's happening to me?" Jennie whispered to herself, her voice filled with worry. And that happened again, she once again vomited. She splashed cold water on her face, hoping to calm her racing thoughts.

The room fell silent, except for the sound of Jennie's heavy breathing. Inhale, exhale. She looked at herself in the mirror, her reflection reflecting her fear and confusion. "I need to figure this out," she muttered looking at her reflection noticing the sweat beads on her forehead.

She rushed out of the bathroom and quickly dialed her friend, Dr. Irene, for an appointment.

As she placed the phone on the table, she felt her breathing becoming heavier. With a sense of unease, she made her way to the window, pressing her palms against the cool glass of her office.

✮✮✮

Jennie nervously bit her lip as she watched Irene, who was engrossed in studying her test reports. Irene finally set her stethoscope aside and turned her attention to Jennie, who was clearly on edge.

"What's wrong, u-unnie?" Jennie asked, her voice filled with despair.

"Mandu? Do you have a special someone in your life?" Irene's unexpected question caught Jennie off guard, leaving her momentarily speechless.

Jennie's mouth opened, but no words came out. She was caught off guard by the directness of the question. "Why do you ask?" Jennie fired back, her voice slightly trembling. Irene sighed and took a seat in her doctor's chair. 

"So I was right, you do have someone," Irene said, sighing. Jennie nervously bit her lower lip and nodded, her gaze shifting downwards.

"Congratulations, Jen! You're expecting!" Irene exclaimed with excitement, rushing over to hug Jennie, who stood there momentarily frozen in surprise.

Jennie's eyes widened in surprise as she processed Irene's words. "Wait, what? I'm... I'm gonna be?" she stammered, her voice barely audible.

"You. Are. Gonna. Be. A. Mom. Miss Jennie Ruby Jane," Irene said, her words echoing in Jennie's mind like a soft whisper and an unexpected alarm.