045

"Jennie," Jungkook tried to speak up, his voice filled with urgency. "There's something I need to-"

"Don't," she snapped. "I don't want to hear anything right now. Just take Chu and go."

"Listen to me, Jennie!" Jungkook tried to interject again, his voice growing more urgent.

"Go!" she shouted, her voice filled with authority and command. "This is my order as the Mafia Queen, and I won't repeat it again."

Jungkook fell silent, his eyes wide. He knelt down, bowing his head down in acknowledgment of her status as the Mafia Queen.

Tears streamed down his cheeks but had already dried, leaving behind a solemn expression on his face. He picked up Chu, cradling her in his arms gently.

He looked up at Jennie and Taehyung, his expression conflicted, torn between his loyalty to Jennie and his desire to speak the truth.

He bowed his head once more.

"I understand," he said quietly. "Mafia Queen's orders take precedence."

He turned and walked away, carrying Chu with him. He could feel her small body trembling slightly in his arms, no doubt confused by the sudden tension and the shouting.

As Jungkook walked away, Jennie and Taehyung were left alone on the bridge, staring into each other's eyes in a long silence.

A cool breeze blew through the bridge, ruffling their hair and carrying the scent of the river below them.

It was as if the world around them had faded into the background, leaving just the two souls in the quiet stillness of the moment.

The gentle sound of the river flowing below them was the only thing breaking the silence, echoing off the walls as a soft, soothing background noise that contrasted with the intensity of their emotions.

They stood there for what felt like an eternity, locked in a silent battle of wills, their eyes never leaving each other's gaze.

His dark eyes shone with an unsettling light as he chuckled, breaking the intense silence. It was a dry, humorless sound, filled with both bitterness and irony.

"Isn't it a little ironic," he said, his voice low but filled with scathing sarcasm. "Here we are, years later, standing on a bridge, and yet nothing has changed."

"You still have that same fire in your eyes, that same defiant passion that both drew me to you and pissed me off at the same time."

He chuckled again, shaking his head as if in disbelief.

"And I still can't resist you. Even after all the pain, all the heartache, you still have that power over me. It's infuriating."

Tears filled Jennie's eyes again as she spoke, her voice trembling with anger and hurt.

"You didn't abandoned me physically," she said, her voice thick with emotion.

"But you abandoned me in every way that mattered. You left me alone to face the destruction and betrayal of everything we had. You destroyed my family, my safety, and my sanity."

She took a shaky breath, her body quivering with the force of her emotions.

"So don't speak to me about having power over you," she continued, her voice cracking. "It's too little, too late."

Taehyung took a deep breath, his eyes locked with hers.

"These eyes," he repeated, his voice shaking with intensity. "They're my proof that I loved you. Look into them and see the truth. If you don't believe me, if you still think I didn't love you, then do it."

He paused, his gaze piercing into hers, his body practically begging her to see the truth in his words.

"Kill me right here," he whispered. "I won't say a word."

Her hands trembled as she reached for her gun, her fingers shaking as she brought it up to his forehead.

Her eyes were filled with tears, streaming down her cheeks as she stared at him, searching his face for any sign of deceit or deception. But all she saw was a deep, raw pain in his eyes, a pain that mirrored her own.

Taehyung took her gun hand in his, his fingers icy cold against her warm skin as he gently guided her hand away from his forehead and down to his chest. He placed the gun over his heart, the steady thump of the organ beating against her palm.

"It all started with this heart," he repeated softly. "Finish me off with this. End my incomplete tale."

His eyes held hers steady, unflinching as he stared into her tear-filled gaze. Closing her eyes, she let the tears fall freely down her cheeks. 

Suddenly the sound of the bullet rang out through the air, echoing off the walls of the bridge.

Her eyes snapped open and widened in horror as she watched him fall to the ground slowly, a gentle smile on his lips. The sound of the bullet ringing in her ears, her hands and body freezing.

But as he fell, his eyes were still fixed on hers, and, incredibly, he spoke.

"I love you."

And there he was on the ground, his body motionless, his gaze still locked onto hers. And she stood there, stunned and frozen. Her hand still held the gun, her mind replaying his final words over and over again.

"I love you."

The gun fell from her hand, as she stumbled back, her body shaking with shock. In the distance, voices suddenly echoed through the valley, calling out her name.

"Unnie!!!"

"No!"

The sound snapped her out of her daze, her eyes still fixed on his motionless body as she turned towards the approaching voices.

She could hear the sound of footsteps approaching, coming closer and closer. She turned to see Jimin, Lisa, and Rosé running towards her.

They reached her, panting and out of breath, their eyes taking in the scene before them with horror.

"Taehyung didn't betray you, Jennie!"