044

He took another step forward, his body moving almost involuntarily towards her. He longed to reach out and touch her, to feel her skin beneath his fingers, to see if she would soften at his touch but he held himself back, his hands clenching into fists at his side.

He closed the distance between them, standing right in front of her. He could feel the heat radiating off her body, and the sweet, familiar scent of her perfume filled his nose.

It was like a punch to the gut, bringing back a flood of memories and emotions that he had thought were long buried.

He reached out, his fingers lightly tracing her jawline. He could see the hardness in her eyes soften for a moment, but then it was gone, replaced by the cold, emotionless look she had given him before.

He swallowed hard, his mind racing for what to say. He wanted to tell her how much he had missed her, how much he had thought about her, how much he had longed to see her again. But all the words seemed to die on his tongue.

He looked at her, the silence between them heavy and oppressive. He could see the pain in her eyes, the hurt that he had caused, and it broke his heart.

She looked up at him, her eyes filled with tears, and that's when the floodgates opened. All the pain, anger, and hurt came out in waves, and she began sobbing, her shoulders shaking with the force of her emotions.

He could only watch, his own heart breaking as he saw her fall apart.

She looked at him, her face contorted in pain. "Why?" she whispered, her voice choked with sobs. "Why did you do it?"

"You could have just told me you didn't love me," she whispered. "I would have walked away immediately. But why did you need to bring my sister into all this?"

"You destroyed the world I built," she whispered. "My entire life, all the happiness, the love, the dreams that I had built, you shattered it all in just five seconds." Her voice caught in her throat, tears streaming down her face.

"I was already broken, Kim Taehyung. Why did you break me more?" she whispered, her voice barely above a whisper. "You destroyed the last bit of me that was left, the little light that I held onto."

He didn't say a word, just stood there, tears streaming silently down his face. He shook his head in denial, his heart breaking at her words. He wanted to protest, to tell her that it wasn't true, but the words wouldn't come out.

She wiped her tears, steeling herself for what she was about to say. Her voice was shaky but hard. "I'm tired of being broken, I'm tired of this pain. I came here to end this, to end you and end my story."

She pulled out a pistol from her pocket, the cold steel glinting in the light.

His men stiffened, reaching for their own weapons, but he shouted out.

"Stand down!"

They froze, looking at him with a mixture of shock and confusion.

"Go away," he said, his voice firm, his eyes on her.

They hesitated for a moment, but then slowly backed away, leaving him alone with her. He turned his attention back to her, his eyes locked on the pistol pointed at his forehead.

He met her gaze, his eyes filled with pain and remorse. "Do it," he said, his voice hoarse.

Her hands were shaking from anger and pain. They were both standing on a bridge, the sound of the river flowing below them.

Suddenly, they heard a voice shouting out. "Mommy," as they both froze in their place.

The sound of the approaching footsteps seemed to echo off the walls, growing louder and louder as the voice cried out again.