036

11: 09 pm (Nighttime)
Friday
Seoul, Korea

Jennie gripped the steering wheel of her Porsche 911 Turbo S, the engine roaring beneath her. As she sped down the open road, the wind rushed through her hair, and a smile tugged at the corners of her lips.

"You. Are. Gonna. Be. A. Mom. Miss Jennie Ruby Jane," Irene's words echoed in Jennie's thoughts.

A chuckle escaped Jennie's lips as she remembered what Irene had said. "You are two weeks pregnant."

"How can I be so dumb to not realize I was expecting all these two weeks?" She chuckled once again, a smile never leaving her face.

She glanced at herself in the rearview mirror, her reflection showing a blend of happiness and refreshment.

Turning her attention back to the road, Jennie's mind wandered to Irene's next words. "Look, Jennie, I know you're an adult now, but you're still like my little sister. I advise you to talk to the father of this child."

Jennie's grip on the steering wheel tightened as she contemplated her words and made them echo in the walls of her mind again and again.

Suddenly, Jennie's gaze shifted to a small boy selling flowers and bouquets. Intrigued, she brought her car to a stop and locked eyes with the boy, who seemed to be looking her way.

Seeing an opportunity, the boy hurried towards her car and tapped on the glass window as Jennie rolled it down slowly. A smile graced his face as he spoke, "Ma'am, please consider buying this freshly made bouquet for your husband."

The mention of a husband made Jennie blush and chuckle simultaneously. She nodded and pointed towards a specific bouquet the boy held in his left hand, saying, "I'd like that one, please."

The boy quickly nodded and handed her the bouquet, accepting the payment. Suddenly, the sky darkened, or maybe it had been that way all along, unnoticed by everyone. And then, a bolt of lightning illuminated the sky.

Jennie flinched slightly and glanced out of the window at the hazy sky, while the boy commented, "Looks like it's going to rain tonight. The news channels already predicted heavy rainfall."

Jennie nodded slowly, looking up at the sky and then back at the boy as she handed him the money and rolled up the window before driving away.

✮✮✮

As she arrived at the mansion, Jennie stepped out of the car and smoothed out her dress. She retrieved the bouquet from the car and positioned herself facing the grand entrance. A smile adorned her lips as she gently tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Taehyung is going to be so happy when he'll find out that he's going to be a father," she whispered to herself, her excitement evident. She then began to walk slowly towards the mansion.

As she stepped into the hall, an eerie feeling washed over Jennie, causing her to furrow her brow as she took in her surroundings.

"Why is everything so dark?" she murmured to herself, perplexed by the lack of light.

"Ye-ji? Taehyung? Where are you guys?" she called out, but there was no response.

"Should I go and check Taehyung's room to see if he's there?" she pondered aloud, but then shook her head and said, "I shouldn't invade someone's privacy." With that, she turned around and headed towards the mansion's exit.