013

DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE

~✰♡✰♡✰~

"Unnie. Meet him Kim Taehyung. He is a friend of mine." Jennie said gulping the fear inside her down her throat.

Jennie took a step back, gesturing for them to talk. With a small smile, she whispered, "I'll give you a moment," before moving away to allow Jisoo and Taehyung some space.

Jisoo looked at Jennie leaving, a confused expression on her face. She turned to Taehyung, her eyes narrowing slightly.

"What's going on?" she asked, her tone gentle yet inquisitive.

Taehyung took a deep breath, steadying himself before speaking. "I need to talk to you about something important," he said, his voice calm and serious.

Jisoo looked at Taehyung with curiosity, tilting her head slightly "O-okay... what's up?" she fidgeted with her hands, biting her lower lip lightly.

Taehyung cleared his throat, gathering his thoughts. "It's about Jennie," he began, his eyes meeting hers.

She raised an eyebrow, her expression becoming more serious "What about Jennie?" and leaning in slightly, her voice softening with concern.

Taehyung paused for a moment, trying to find the right words. "She's going through something... It's a medical issue," he explained, his voice gentle yet firm. "And I don't think she's told you yet."

Jisoo gulped, her eyes widening in shock "Medical issue?" she swallowed hard, her heart racing. "What kind of issue?" she took a step closer to Taehyung, her voice barely above a whisper.

Taehyung exhaled deeply, sensing the concern in Jisoo's voice. "Prostate cancer."

A soft gasp escaped her heart-shaped lips and her face turned pale, her hands freezing in their place as cold blood ran down her body.

Her 'once' confident demeanor crumbled like a sandcastle hit by a wave. Her heart dropped to her stomach, and a cold shiver ran down her spine. Her eyes widened in disbelief, and her voice caught in her throat.

She shook her head in denial, taking small but rapid breaths. Without even realizing it, she took a few steps backward until her back pressed against the cold, hard wall behind her.

Kim Jisoo's voice filled the silence, echoing through the grand mansion.

"Jennie!" she shouted, her tone urgent and pleading. "Come down here, now!"

Jisoo's eyes searched the staircase desperately, hoping to see Jennie descending it. But her hope was in vain. She didn't appear.

She stared blankly at Taehyung, her mind racing with thoughts, her body still frozen against the wall.