009

DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

Jennie clutched Jisoo close, her embrace warm and tight, feeling the rise and fall of her breath. Her face buried in the crook of Jisoo's neck, she took a moment to steady her emotions before whispering softly, her voice a barely audible murmur.

"No matter what, I'm always by your side. Always."

"I know," Jisoo murmured back, her voice thick with emotion. "I know you are."

Jennie sighed, her breath warm against Jisoo's skin. "Just... promise me one thing," she said quietly, her grip tightening almost imperceptibly.

Jisoo nodded, her eyes still cast down as she listened intently. "Anything," she whispered.

Jennie pulled back slightly, her eyes meeting Jisoo's. "Don't ever forget that I love you, okay?" she said quietly. "Even if I am there or not."

Jisoo's eyes welled up with tears, her bottom lip trembling slightly. "I could never forget that," she said softly, her voice filled with a deep, sincere emotion. "I'll take that promise to the grave."

Jin stood in front of the assembled guests adjusting his black suit as the white spotlight got stuck on him.

"Well, let me drop the bomb on you guys. Our engagement celebration is happening just four days from now."

A chorus of gasps echoed through the room as everyone exchanged puzzled looks. Four days?

Jisoo's eyes widened in surprise, her mouth falling open slightly, forming a small 'o' shape.

Her voice trembled a little as she tried to process the information. "You... you mean we're getting engaged in just four days?"

"Yes, love. Four days." Jin looked at her with his warm gaze.

Jisoo took a moment to collect herself, her mind swirling. "That's... that's soon," she said, a smile slowly tugging at the corners of her lips.

Jin placed a reassuring hand on her arm, his voice soft and earnest.

"Is something wrong?" he asked, his eyes searching hers. "Do... do you not want this?"

Jisoo rushed to reassure him, her smile widening. "No, no, of course not," she said, shaking her head. "I just wasn't expecting it to be so soon, that's all."

Jin's shoulders sagged with relief, a small sigh escaping him. "You had me worried for a moment there," he admitted, his tone light and scolding.

•••

"Are you serious?" Lisa asked, sitting on the couch beside her blushing Jisoo unnie as Jennie shared the news. She couldn't believe that Jisoo had finally found the person she had been waiting for.

"Do I look like I'm joking?" Jennie chuckled, rolling her eyes. Jimin and Jungkook had already experienced that heart attack a few minutes ago, and now it was Lisa's turn as she arrived at the mansion a little late.

As for Rosé, she was currently asleep, exhausted from her constant practice sessions, so they decided not to wake her up.

Lisa's eyes widened, her mouth dropping open in shock as she listened to Jennie's words. She couldn't believe it.

"Jisoo unnie is really getting engaged?" she asked, turning to look at Jisoo who was blushing deeply beside her.

"That's big news! Jisoo Noona found her soulmate and didn't even tell us," Jungkook exclaimed.

Jimin nodded in agreement, "And here we thought she would be single forever," he nudged her shoulder playfully.

Jisoo rolled her eyes, a mock-scowl on her face. "Don't act like I didn't try," she protested, a hint of defensiveness in her voice. "I just hadn't met the right person yet."

Jennie chuckled, her eyes glinting. "And by 'right person,' you mean Jin Oppa?" she teased, winking at Jisoo.

Jisoo blushed deeper, her eyes darting away as she fiddled with the hem of her shirt. "Yeah, yeah, whatever," she mumbled, trying to brush off their playful jabs.

Lisa's eyes sparkled with curiosity and excitement. "So, tell us everything," she urged, leaning forward on the couch. "How did he propose? Was it romantic? Did he get down on one knee?"

Jennie smirked, her eyes lighting up as she recalled the memory. "Oh, it was the most romantic thing ever," she said, her voice dripping with exaggeration. "I mean, it was almost like a scene from a movie."

Jimin rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "You're exaggerating again, Miss Mandu," he said, chuckling softly. "Just give us the real story."

Jennie stuck out her tongue at Jimin before continuing. "Fine, fine. I guess I'll spare you the drama," she said with a laugh. "It was a beautiful surprise. Jin Oppa had planned everything perfectly."

Jennie smiled, her eyes sparkling with nostalgia. "How about I just tell you the whole story," she offered, winking at Lisa. "Trust me, it'll be easier than trying to explain it in bits and pieces."

Jennie took a deep breath, her eyes drifting off as she gathered her thoughts. "It all started a few months ago, when Jin Oppa..."

Jennie described the events of the proposal in great detail. She told Lisa about the anonymous letters, the first meeting, the romantic dinner, Jin's nervous demeanor, the heartfelt words he spoke, and the moment he got down on one knee and popped the question.

"He looked so nervous, but at the same time, so sincere," Jennie said, her eyes sparkling with pride. "Unnie was literally in tears the entire time, her hand shaking as he slid the ring on her finger."