033

While she was working in her office, she glanced through the files that her PA had just brought. She got up from her desk to search for some documents on the small bar shelf in her office.

Suddenly, her phone lit up with a notification, accompanied by a soft, glimmering sound. She didn't let it distract her and continued her work. After a few minutes of going through the files, she returned to her desk and picked up her phone to check the notification.

Bear♡:
Be ready at 7 in the evening, princess.

She smiled as she read the text and placed her phone back on the table before getting back to work.

"Are we going on a date?" she wondered dreamily, chewing on the pen she held as a smile spread across her face.

✮✮✮

"Jisoo unnie, hurry up," Lisa yelled from outside, glancing at her watch and then at the entrance of the mansion, lightly clicking her boots on the ground. The lady she was waiting for replied in a soft tone, "Coming, Liz."

Suddenly, the door swung open, revealing a lady fixing her watch and adjusting her heels while holding her purse. Lisa shrugged with a sigh, giving off a "what should I do with you?" vibe.

Brushing back a strand of her hair, the lady stood up straight and asked Lisa with a raised eyebrow, "How do I look?"

"Like a 'Miss Korea'," Lisa replied, causing Jisoo to blush and smile.

"Let's go, we're running late. You wouldn't want to be late for such an important thing," Lisa said, placing one hand on her hip and the other outstretched, giving Jisoo room to pass.

"Let's go," Jisoo declared, and Lisa opened the car door.

✮✮✮

"Where are we going?" Jennie asked, plopping down in the car seat next to Taehyung, who was busy strapping her seatbelt. If Jennie said she didn't feel a herd of elephant in her stomach, she'd be lying.

"Hmph? That's a secret," Taehyung responded with a grin, his deep voice rumbling as he revved up the engine and hit the road.

After a 30-minute ride, the car came to a stop at a fancy-looking place. All Jennie could make out was that it seemed to be some kind of hotel. Taehyung unfastened his seatbelt, got out of the car, and walked around to the other side to help Jennie out. He extended his hand like a true gentleman, which she took with a shy smile.

They both walked forward, their arms intertwined, and entered the place through a massive ancient gate. An eerie silence filled the air, and darkness surrounded them like a cloak.

"Taehyungie? W...What's this p...place?" Jennie stammered, her voice filled with confusion and a hint of fear.

Suddenly, she felt Taehyung's hand slipping away from hers, and she peered into the darkness, her eyes wide with alarm.

"T-taehyung? B-bear? Are you there? W-where did you go?" Jennie called out, her voice tinged with worry, her brow furrowed.

She strained her eyes, trying to catch a glimpse of any movement or a flicker of light in the pitch-black surroundings.

She sat down on the floor, tears streaming down her cheeks, as she held her head and shouted, "Is anyone there? Help me! Taehyung, are you okay? I'm getting really worried."

Before she could say anything else, a soft and deep voice echoed through the grand corridors, reaching her like a gentle breeze. "Princess, I'm here. Why are you crying?"

In an instant, she felt a warm embrace enveloping her. She looked up and saw Taehyung's face, filled with deep concern, as he gently wiped away the tears from her cheeks with the pads of his thumbs.

She sobbed hard in his embrace, clinging onto his torso like a baby. "It's okay, princess. Don't cry. I'm here with you," Taehyung whispered softly in her ear, running his fingers through her hair to calm her down.

After a few minutes, he heard her soft sobs and gently broke the hug to see her face. Oh, how much he hated seeing her cry, especially when he was the reason behind her tears today.

"I had prepared a surprise for you, princess. I'm really sorry. I didn't know you would get so scared," he said, wiping away her tears. She looked down at the shiny marble floor and then up at him, meeting his gaze.

"I... I got scared," Jennie sobbed, her voice trembling with emotion.

"I am really sorry," Taehyung again said and embraced her in his arms, he gently stroked her back, soothing her with his comforting touch. He whispered sweet words of reassurance, reminding her that he was there for her, and that everything would be alright.

Gradually, Jennie's sobs began to subside, replaced by deep breaths as she tried to regain her composure. Taehyung's presence had a calming effect on her, and she would feel like if he's there everything will be okay.

Moments passed and the tension in Jennie's body started to melt away. Taehyung's gentle words and tender gestures gradually brought a smile back to her face.

"Princess, I've a surprise for you. Come on, let's go," Taehyung said, his boxy smile lighting up his face and making Jennie giggle.

He gently took her hand in his, intertwining their fingers, and they began to stroll towards a majestic golden door adorned with shimmering gold and glistening diamonds. It was a sight that could take one's breath away.

Taehyung clapped twice, and with a powerful force, the door swung open. Two workers dressed in stunning white pearl outfits greeted them, perfectly matching the luxurious atmosphere.

As the door opened, a brilliant light flooded the room, causing Jennie to squint her eyes in surprise. She quickly blinked and opened them wide, her expression turning into a big "O" of awe and surprise.