024

The two cars arrived at the Kim Sisters' Mansion, and the guards let them in. Lisa and Jungkook got out of one car, while Jimin and Rosé got out of the other.

They all walked into the hall, where Jisoo, the elder Kim, greeted them with a smile that soon turned into a cute, serious face.

They all bowed respectfully as Jisoo folded her arms and said, "So you all finally found the time to ask if we're still alive?"

Lisa felt a pang in her heart as she replied with guilt, "I'm really sorry, unnie. We were so caught up in work, stuck in our own world. Trust me, we couldn't find a way out of it."

"She is right, unnie. The mission's still not complete," Rosé chimed in, trying to convince Jisoo. Jisoo let out a sigh as she looked at their pleading eyes, asking for an apology. She turned away and said, "That's fine, I forgive you all but..."

"But?" Jimin asked, while Jungkook looked at her back with curiosity. Jisoo turned around, pointing up the staircase, and said, "She's really upset with you all. Seriously, you haven't even asked about her since she woke up."

Rosé and Lisa both tried to say something, but no words came out of their mouths as Jungkook said, "I'll go see her." Everyone looked at him as he climbed up the stairs.

Lisa and Rosé looked at each other and nodded, then they also headed up the stairs after him. Jimin, the only one left, looked at them with doe eyes and then at Jisoo, giving her a look like "They didn't even bother to take me with them." Jisoo just shrugged, folded her arms, and turned around once again. Jimin sighed and walked up the staircase, not wanting to feel left out.

✮✮✮

"Eat it, princess. If you want to recover fast," Taehyung said, sounding like a dad trying to make his daughter eat to help her recover.

But Jennie, being the stubborn one, turned her face away from the spoon. "I don't want to eat that, it smells like shi-"

A single glare from his eyes silenced her, making her words inaudible.

This was enough to give her goosebumps all over her body. How can someone be so demanding and sexy at the same time?

Taehyung once again stretched the spoon forward, and this time Jennie ate it without saying anything, looking at him with doe eyes. Watching her eat peacefully was what he loved and adored.

As she took her first bite, he looked at her lips and noticed some food in the corner. Leaning forward, he wiped the food with his thumb, making her heart skip a beat.

But the next thing he did left her breathless. He licked the food from his finger while looking at her seductively. Lost in the moment, they didn't notice four people who had been in the room for a while, witnessing the whole "drama" barging in without permission.

"Awww, that's so sweet!" Rosé exclaimed, her mouth forming an amazed expression that caught the attention of the duo. Jennie adjusted herself as Jungkook rushed over to help her.

Unbeknownst to them, someone's blood began to boil at the sight of Jungkook's care for Jennie.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked, and Jennie nodded, looking into his eyes.

Anyone could mistake them for a couple, even though they were the complete opposite of that.

Suddenly, someone grabbed onto Jennie, causing Jungkook to look back and see Taehyung supporting her with a smile that seemed fake. "I'll take care of her, Mr. Jeon," Taehyung said.

Jungkook chuckled and replied, "Drop the formalities, Hyung. You're her friend, so why not become friends?" He extended his hand for a handshake, and after a moment which Taehyung accepted with a genuine smile.

"Why didn't you check up on me when I woke up? Seriously, you could have just called." Jennie complained with a grumpy face, which Jungkook found adorable as he squeezed her cheeks, making her smile.

"I'm really sorry, Jen. I was just so caught up with work, I didn't even have time for myself." Jungkook defended himself, while Rosé, Lisa, and Jimin all nodded in agreement.

"Unnieee!" Lisa exclaimed, running towards the Brunette extended her arms forward for a tight hug.

"T-that's suffocating, Lily." Jennie pushed Lisa away, pretending to gasp for air. "You're going to squeeze the life out of me!" she teased, laughing.

Lisa chuckled, realizing her hug was a bit too tight. "Oops, my bad! I guess I got a little carried away," she admitted sheepishly.

Suddenly an entry in the room made everyone turn their faces towards the door as Jisoo entered with a calm smile looking at Jennie who was smiling.

J I S O O'S P. O. V.

She's finally smiling after days. Her smile always makes my day. And Taehyung, he helped me a lot these days. I just went outside the country for a few days for my photoshoot and arrived yesterday. Taehyung really took care of Nini a lot during that time. I think he's the best for my Nini.

I've seen him looking at Jennie the same way..... the same way Jin looks at me. Sweet, isn't it? Wait- Jin? Shit I forgot to tell him that you've come back. You are doomed now, Soo.

A voice interrupted my chain of thoughts as I saw everyone looking at me like they saw a ghost. Wait did I grow a pimple? I turned to look at the mirror before sighing in relief I didn't get one.

"What are you doing? Unnie." Lisa asked, checking me standing In front of the mirror.

"Why are you looking at me like that? I thought I grew a pimple." I reasoned as they all laughed in return. Did i crack a joke I couldn't understand? No way.