011

DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE

✱⁎*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚✼˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*✱

A young man, almost in his 30s, shouted to his daughter, "Save her, Jennie-ah. Save your sister. Make her happy. It's your responsibility, and I'm sure you'll do it. And don't forget, 'Appa loves you'."

The little brunette couldn't hold back her emotions as she watched her father burning in a fire caused by his rivals. Her mother had already died in the fire, and her sister was asleep in the car with a burnt scar on her left arm. Jennie was the only one who managed to escape without getting hurt. She begged her dad to come out of the fire, but it was too intense, and he couldn't make it.

In his final moments, all he wanted was to convey his last words to his little daughter, who was witnessing her father burning alive.

April 21
Time: 10: 34 am
City: Seoul, Korea

Jisoo gently shook Jennie awake, concern evident in her voice. "Nini, wake up! Wake up! You were having a nightmare. It's okay, you're safe now."
Jennie's eyes fluttered open, still filled with fear from the vivid dream. She looked up at Jisoo, her voice trembling as she replied, "Unnie, I... I saw it again. The fire, our dad... It all burnt down and I couldn't do anything."

Jisoo's eyes softened, her hand gently brushing Jennie's hair away from her face. "Shh, it's okay," she soothed, her voice filled with understanding. "You're safe, Jennie-ah. It was just a dream. A horrible memory, but it's not real anymore."

"It... It feels so real every time," Jennie murmured, her voice small and vulnerable. "I can feel the heat, I can smell the smoke... and the sound of his voice... He was shouting for me, unnie. And I couldn't do anything."

"Shh, it's okay," Jisoo repeated, continuing to stroke her hair. "You were just a little girl then, Jennie-ah. You couldn't have done anything. It wasn't your fault."

Jennie opened her eyes again, her gaze searching Jisoo's face. "But it feels like it was," she whispered, her voice trembling. "I should have been able to save him, unnie. I should have done something, anything."

Jisoo tightened her grip on Jennie, pulling her into a tight embrace. "No," she said firmly. "You were just a child, Jennie-ah. There was nothing you could have done. It was not your fault. You have to let go of that guilt."

Jennie buried her face in Jisoo's shoulder, her body shaking with silent sobs. "But it's so hard," she whispered, her voice muffled. "Every time I close my eyes, I see him... I see the fire... I hear his voice... It never goes away, unnie."

Jisoo held her even tighter, her own heart breaking at Jennie's pain. "I know, Nini," she whispered, her voice thick with emotion. "I know it's hard. But you can't keep blaming yourself like this. You can't keep reliving that nightmare over and over again. It's destroying you, Jennie-ah."