Chapter 7

ASHTON

She's looking over at the way the moon reflects in the lake without knowing I'm behind her. Without knowing I'm watching. I always do.

There is something about her that keeps pulling me in. Her eyes are my sweetest temptation. Her smile my downfall.

I wonder what a kiss between us would look like.

Apocalypse.

But I don't want only a kiss. I want to eat her alive. Lay her on the table like a personal feast and savour every moment, knowing I'll never have enough of her. I'll always be hungry for more.

I clear my throat to make her look at me. Her eyes reflect the sky.

Fucking beautiful.

"Oh", Mya lets out, not seeming so happy to see me. Maybe she's still pissed from before.

Cursing once under her breath, she walks away from the railing, passing by me. I can't control it. My hand wonders to her wrist, stopping her.

Before I can add anything else, she hits me with her elbow in the stomach, harder than I would have ever expected, making me free her.

"Asshole", I can hear her mutter on her way inside.

Arranging my shirt, I decide to follow her. I mean, what's the worst that could happen? It's not like she doesn't hate me already.

"Where did you learn to punch like that?", I try to make conversation, all while smirking bright. Mya has a polite smile on, hiding the rage inside. Yet her eyes have flames in them, no need to deny it.

"Oh, it comes naturally by such a punchable target", she replies.

Ouch

Maybe a topic change would be a good idea.

"Where did you spend your holidays, Cunnan?", I ask.

She rolls her eyes, contemplating if she should carry on with this conversation.

I already know the answer nevertheless. She was with her family in Monaco and the French Riviera. I have the pictures of her wearing a very lacy Chanel bikini engraved in my mind. Her social media became my favorite destination this Summer.

"Lukas, my family and I were in Monaco", she explains.

Right. Dear old Lukas...

"Did Mommy and Daddy approve with little boyfriend?", I ask, trying not to hiss between my teeth.

Mya is so close to punching me again. "Of course they did. Otherwise he wouldn't have been allowed to come."

"Look at you, Little Miss Perfect. Do they know about the all the dirty things you do at night?"

She sighs annoyed. "Dirtier than you? I'm sorry to say, but that hickey says the opposite."

I instinctively cover my hickey with my hand. I would normally pride with it but now... Let's just say Mya is the one I would have wanted that hickey to come from.

"Is not even that good, to be honest", she continues to place daggers in the wound. "I mean, ask Lukas. He sometimes gets heart-shaped ones from me." Then, after cutting my soul in thousands pieces, she adds: "If you'd excuse me."

I don't even need to excuse her. I remain frozen on spot.