BONUS CHAPTER

MYA

Anyone who ever said drinking coffee with a straw while trying not to completely ruin your makeup is an easy task, they were wrong. I'm currently staring in Mission Impossible (Mya's version), as I try to get the content of the cup inside my mouth, while still looking pretty. The stylists just finished my makeup, and by the side glances the guy who worked on my hair gives me, I believe I'll get in trouble if I make any mistakes. Imagine what will happen if I stain my dress with coffee. Thanks to her role as Dior Ambassador, Dior offered to design Aria's wedding gown and the ones of the bridesmaids. So we're currently all inside a room of the estate they lent to celebrate their wedding, that has been transformed into a fitting room for the bride and us bridesmaids. A team of five stylists is now fussing around my sister-in-law starting today, making sure the gown sits alright and her makeup is in place. Aria is fidgeting with her fingers, the bridal nerves having got to her.

"Do you think it is too soon?", she asks us for the at least hundredth time.

I shake my head, wanting to offer her the coffee knowing that calms her down, but one of the stylists gives me a look I shouldn't even think about it. Rolling my eyes, I sink back down on the chair I was on before. Our cousin Livie, one of Aria's closest friends and a bridesmaid like me, comes to hug her from behind.

"Girl, you've waited for months. A whole F1 season passed. I got pregnant in the meantime. Even Mya turned 18 and started college during this time", she says. "You've waited enough."

I shrug, yet I scream from excitement inside. I turned eighteen and even graduated high school a few months ago. I moved to Boston with my boyfriend and started my studies. I think I like this little life.

"Okay, fair point", Aria answers. "But what if we aren't ready yet? What if Lewis thinks this is mistake?"

I raise an eyebrow. I have never ever seen someone as in love with their girlfriend as Lewis is. Probably just Ashton. But we're still just beginning our life together. I don't plan on marrying just yet. I want to take it slow. See the world first. Make tones of new memories. Live a bit on dangerous. Who knows where it will all take us.

"Aria, we all know that isn't true. The man reserved the whole freaking Eiffel Tower to propose to you. Not to mention he now managed to book an entire estate that seems to be a castle with its private beach, just because you wanted to get married at the sea. Trust me, he's whipped", Yvonne adds. Another one of Aria's besties, Levi's wife and the third and last bridesmaid along me and Livie.

Aria thinks about it again, before she tilts her head and her mouth twitches. "Right, again. But, I... I..."

"You're nervous", I end for her. Her eyes meet mine, and she nods.

"It's totally normal, babe", Livie encourages her. "I was also freaking out before my wedding, and I have basically known Nathan is the one ever since I was like five."

I raise an eyebrow, but decide not to comment. What has she been doing when she was five? While she was thinking about how she has just found her soulmate, when I was five, I used to sneak in karts and ask Mom to buy me kids champagne, so I can create my own champagne showers.

"Maybe I shouldn't be here", Yvonne whispers, a bit nervous really.

We all turn to look at her. She shrugs, explaining: "Well, I can't say I have the best track record with weddings. Ditched one, leaving him waiting at the altar. I still have people calling me the Runaway Bride. And then I faked the next one. Not quite the best person to have around on such a day."

Aria reaches for her hand, and offers it a squeeze. "I don't care what anybody says. You're my lucky charm."

A soft smile blooms on Yvonne's lips, her cheeks getting a bit wet. She looks so gorgeous, with her black hair and dark eyes, and the pastel pink bridesmaid dress. Dior made three pastel pink bridesmaids dresses, one to match each of us. Yvonne got a satin dress with spaghetti straps, and gloves made of the same fabric that reach her elbows. Livie is rocking a dress with a corset decorated with diamonds, fit for a queen. My cousin is in fact a queen, the queen of Cordelia. After the corset comes a gorgeous tulle dress, that manages to hide the baby bump, since the couple is still keeping the pregnancy private for now, only known to family and friends. They wanted to wait til after the wedding to make the announcement. There is a headband with diamonds on the top of her head, her brown hair styled in a low bun. Her blue eyes find a way to sparkle with the sunlight. My look really matches with me. A sort of tube top, then a skirt with an opening, sometimes revealing a bit of the leg and drawing attention to the heels, my hair up in a perfect messy bun, two strands let to fall free at the front, one on each side. Around my neck lies a magnificent diamond necklace, one I had to sign that I borrowed it. It symbolises two swans kissing each other, and apparently is the only one of this sort in the world. Turns out that's what happens when the wedding is going to be filled with models, fashion icons and fashion designers. Everybody goes over the top with their outfits.