Chapter 49

MYA

I'm loving it here.

I have always dreamed of Harvard. I always knew that this is what I want. This is what I really want.

But being here. Being on campus. It's a whole new feeling.

I walk past the bookstore and a coffee shop to reach the Law building.

I went with another one of my Blair Waldorf outfits, because it's always good to have the mentality of an icon. And besides, Blair Waldorf is the best of the best. No one can argue with that.

I'm trying to keep my mind on the lecture, as my eyes shift to the date on the screen of my iPad. 13th of February. One more day and it is Valentine's Day.

I swallow hard, knowing me and my Valentine haven't left things pretty good before I left. Better said, we're not talking. He tried calling me sometimes since I arrived here, he even sends me texts wishing me luck, but I ignore him. We haven't talked since the Harvard interview he missed that day, as he chose the wish to defy his father over our future together.

I force my mind back to the professor's voice. Although I've been attending classes only for a few days, I can't wait for next year. Even if I don't get in at Harvard, I can't wait to start college.

My phone lights up with another notification from Ash.

BABE: Hey, sweetheart. I miss you. Can we talk?

I swallow hard as I see the message and my eyes also notice the background, that is still a picture of Ash kissing me and me squinting my face. I don't answer, only turn the phone with the screen facing the table and continue paying attention.

I'm fine.