Chapter 34

MYA

I knew coming here was a bad idea.

But lately, I just drive straight into problems and red flags like a fucking habit.

I luckily haven't seen Ashton so far, which works better for my mental health. Thinking about it, he might be right. He never hurt me. He would only hurt Lukas. I still hate him, but I'd be an idiot not to admit that there is something between us. Something that makes the way he touches me feel like a smutty scene. And we haven't even done smut so far.

I walk outside, needing some air. Driving my car while screaming along to Lana when dressed in a gala dress seems far more fun than standing here and pretending I'm fine. I try texting Becca, but she has not been answering me lately, so after waiting for a few minutes and noticing there is no sign of someone planning to respond, I walk outside. Of course, I usually wait longer. But the text before tonight was three days ago, the other one five and so on. I got no sign for her since.

I leave through the patio, planning to walk through the garden to reach the parking lot and get to my car. Did I go extra shiny with the APOLLO SUV today because it's a limited edition and no other kid but me here has that? I did do that.

I stop a bit to check my phone since it just buzzed and I hoped it would be Becca, turns out it was just an email from school, when someone grabs my wrist making my phone fall down on the little pebble stones. I can already see the screen going bad.

I gasp, especially as I feel someone pressing their lips on mine.

First instinct: Run.

Second one is more tempting. Fight.

I push him away and grab to get my phone from the ground, only some new hands catch me again, as I'm one inch away.

Breathing heavy, I look up at the ones around me. Four guys I have never met before keep looking at me like I'd be their next prey. They all seem a bit drunk, probably a bit smoked too, but from the clothes they're wearing one can tell they are attending the gala. Everything seems expensive.

The one holding me by the arms pushes me closer to the blonde hair guy who kissed me before.

"She's all yours, Duncan", the guy holding me says.

The one they called Duncan smirks deviously, looking straight in my eyes. "I've been wanting you for a while, Mya. Such a shame Winthrope got to your first."

"Yeah, my pity", I reply sarcastically.

The guy pushes me closer, Duncan now touching my waist, his hand keeping on getting lower, all the way to my back.

I could fight now.

But now they are all expecting me to do it.

Surprise is crucial.

"You look so fuckable", the guy tells me, coming closer.

I want to comment. It's then he presses his lips on mine and kisses me again, this time even wanting to slip his tongue in my mouth.

I pull away. "You guys really need to learn about consent." Then I kick him with the knee in his balls, and he starts shouting from pain.

I want to make my exit, but the other guys who came with him are quicker and get me. I know I'm on pebble stones, which means that the heels might slip. Cursing once that I'll get my tights dirty and my feet scratched, I remove the heels and head over to the guy that is closest to me, punching him in the nose. There is blood starting to roll down his face, yet he doesn't seem to mind and punches me hard in the stomach. I almost lose my balance, and I have to cough once.