Epilogue

ASHTON

"Can I have your attention please?", Mya asks, while clinging a small spoon against her glass of champagne. She then places the spoon down, and looks at the guests inside our living room. She decided to go full in for today, making the two of us place balloons from the ceiling, make a huge-ass cake and create a candy bar. It was all worth it though, seeing the smile on her face right now.

"First of all, I'd like to thank you all for coming. Some of you are coming from far away; talking to you, brother", she winks at Lewis, Aria and Winnie, who have come from their race in the Netherlands just to be with us today. They're leaving tomorrow back to the races. Lewis smiles while Aria sends her an air kiss. My girlfriend traces a heart in the air to her, before she continues. "Second of all, I'd like to thank the love of my life. Ash, I still can't believe that we get to live together. Look at us now. Few months ago, you took me here to show me this amazing place. Now we're standing here together with our family and friends for our Housewarming Party. You are my light in the dark, my fire in the cold, my lifeline when things get hard. I love you, baby."

I can't help but smile, coming closer to her, spinning her around once and kissing her lips. "I love you, sweetheart." I kiss her one more time, just because I can't get enough. We've been living together for a few weeks now, ever since we moved in Boston after our graduation. We're leaving to Australia in three days together with Maddie and Lukas, who finally went official. We planned to spend two weeks there, to enjoy a holiday together before college starts.

I have an arm around her shoulder as she continues her speech: "It's an absolute miracle for us that we get to start our journey through life together, and we thank you all for coming here today and celebrating with us. We also want to thank you all for being here and assist me beating Lewis at karting."

A chuckle throughout the room, and Lewis saying: "It's never gonna happen", in his defense. Okay, maybe it hasn't happened yet, but as Mya, Lewis, Aria and I karted dressed in Mario Kart character onesies yesterday, Winnie then making the handing of prizes, she came pretty close to beating him. Lewis still came in first, then my baby girl. I came in third, but I didn't care. I loved seeing her so happy.

"Not yet", Mya mutters, winking at me. She then turns back to the crowd, smiling again. "We have plenty of snacks and drinks to keep you entertained, some karts downstairs for you to enjoy, and tones of music. Thank you all again for coming! I hope you have a great time in our new home."

Our friends and family start clapping for her speech, as I pull her closer to me, earning myself a chuckle.

"How did I do?", she asks me, her mouth twitched. I have to smile.

"You were amazing, sweetheart."

"Did you like it or love it?"

"Loved it. Definitely, loved it."

She smirks. "Knew it was good."

I kiss her once more, just so. "And sweetheart", I add. She looks up at me, her eyes big with curiosity. I kiss her again. It's then I continue. "I love moving in with you too."

"Oh", she lets out, a teasing tone hidden inside her voice. "Who knew you were such a softie at heart?"

"Am not", I am quick to correct her.

"You so are", she continues. "You are a huge softie."

I kiss her once. "Maybe I am", I whisper. "But only for you."

"Oh my Gosh, I wasn't even thinking of telling anyone. Maybe I want to keep you all to myself."

"You do?", I tease her back.

She nods her head, no sign of doubt. "Lock in a room, kiss you til the sunrise. Maybe a bit more than that. You made the mistake to move in with me, Mister. You're completely at my will now."

I don't see any problem in that. "Want us to get started, sweetheart?"

A devilish grin blooms on her lips. "Oh, I can't wait. But maybe a bit later. We still have some guests to entertain."

"I thought the food and drinks were serving that purpose", I throw her own words back at her.

She chuckles amused. "You're impossible." It's then she lets go, to walk away. Before walking too far, she turns around and offers me an innocent grin. "We still have tonight though. And tomorrow. And the day after that. And after that..."

I have to smirk brighter than ever now, stopping her with a kiss. "I'm looking forward to that, sweetheart."

She winks, heading to take Maddie's hand, leading her to get some drinks. Lukas joins them, and the three start laughing about something. I watch my girlfriend from across the room, not believing the life I'm living. A few months ago, I found no hope that my life is ever going to be anything but a nightmare. Now I'm the happiest guy on Earth.

How life changes.

I smile and walk over to my friends, kissing Mya's forehead before I wrap an arm around her shoulder.

I think of a song she played while we were cooking in the kitchen a few days ago and we danced on it. I think of how it matches the moment right now.

Fall in Love with You.

Oh, sweetheart, you have no idea.