Dinner Party

Priyanka, ankit and yogesh were at gunjan and Vikas' house.
The five of them were seated at the dining table with the hot and delicious food infront of them.

As always, priyankit were seated next to each other. And for the married couple, gunjan and Vikas, they were also next to each other. Leaving yogesh, the third wheel.

But he wasn't feeling like one. The five of them are such good friends and they don't let anyone feel left out.

Ankit pov.

I'd rather be in bed, but it's always nice to be around good people. Especially if Priyanka is with me. I kept waiting for when she'll put her under the table so I could hold it. But it would never go underneath. Her hands were rested on the table.
She wasn't even eating, her plate was still clean. But her hands wouldn't come down.

".. Aren't you eating?", I said to her.

"... You eat... I'm just enjoying the conversations... I'll eat in a few.", she said and went back to her convo with gunjan.

I sighed. Rolled my eyes back and leaned on the chair. My eyes immediately fixed on her hand as it settled on her knee, under the table.
I grabbed the opportunity and held her hand.

She almost spit out the water that she was drinking. She glared at me.
" what are you doing?", she whispered to me.

" nothing... Am enjoying myself.", I whispered back and took a bite of my food.

I know she wasn't irritated by my clinginess. She actually likes to be in contact with my skin as much as I like to be in contact with hers.
Her slight blush didn't go unnoticed by anyone.

Priyanka pov.

I sat in between ankit and yogesh. The food infront of me was so tempting, but i was just waiting for my warm water. I've a habit to drink warm water before any meal. It helps with digestion.

Ankit looked at me and told me to start eating. He knows I don't eat without drinking my warm water yet he's still telling me this.

After a few minutes, Vikas came with a mug of warm water and I drank it.

I choked feeling ankit's tight grip on my hand. This boy. He'll kill me one day Cuz of his need for romance. He knows how shy I can get..

The faces around me tried to hide the smile knowing perfectly well that ankit is holding my hand under the table.I'm not complaining. I love his touch.

They ate dinner.

Ankit pov.

My stomach felt like it was going to explode. Priyanka didn't eat as much as I did, yet she's complaining about her stomach being on the edge.

" you kidding right? I ate all your left overs. You barely ate!", I said.

" my tummy is much more smaller than yours.", she spoke.

I turned my head to her plate. " I'm not buying it"

She gave me that glare that would make me say yes immediately. Not because it showed love, but because I know I'll have a hard time convincing her later.