109. Christmas Eve

Lena - I decided to surprise y/n for Christmas. I told her I wouldn't be able to make it to her get-together and I knew it was going to disappoint her but I knew she'd understand even if what I said wasn't exactly the truth. Wanda had told me all of what happened with nat and how she reacted when I had tripped down the stairs when in little space. I will say, I ripped into nat for that and may have gotten punished with Maria and kate for how harsh I was but I didn't care. It's been about three days since nat went to the hotel and it's Christmas Eve. I'm on my way to Wanda's as she already knows I'm coming. I told her I wanted to at least spend the day with the before the get together and she immediately agreed and said that I could surprise y/n. I got super happy with that. I just left Maria and kate at home and am driving to Wanda's. My phone is hooked up to my car, well Maria's car, and I'm playing some fire ass music. I stop at a red light when my phone rings. I see it's wanda which makes me chuckle knowing she is probably worried about me driving myself. I answer the call and say, I'm fine wanda. I'm not little and I'm almost there. No need to call me and be worried.

Wanda - I scoff and say, excuse me for wanting to check in. You little girl need to be careful. Just because I'm not your mommy and daddy doesn't mean I don't worry. I hear a chuckle through the phone which makes me raise an eyebrow and say, get your ass here in the next five minutes yelena. I mean it.

Lena - I tense when she says that to me sternly like I'm in trouble. I look and see the light turned green and say, I'll be there soon. I'm not sure if I'll make it in 5 minutes but I'll try my best auntie. I love you.

Wanda - 5 minutes yelena hill-bishop. I love you too. We hang up the phone and I shake my head with a chuckle. I hear someone behind me and turn to see y/n coming down the stairs. I smile and say, hi baby how was your nap. I watch as you just walk to me and sit on my lap. I smile knowing you are trying to wake up. I lay a kiss on your head and say, baby I have a surprise for you today and it'll be here in about five minutes.

Y/n - I woke up from my nap since I didn't sleep well last night. I went downstairs and heard wanda on the phone but it was the end of the conversation so I didn't hear who it was. I shrug hoping it was nat checking in. I see wanda turn around and smile asking how my nap was. I didn't say anything and just walked to her and sat on her lap as she was sitting on the couch. I cuddle into her and smile to myself when she kisses my head. She then says that she has a surprise for me and it'll be here in about five minutes. I sit back and say, thank you wanda, you don't have to get me anything just cause. You know that right?

Wanda - I lean in a place a small kiss on your lips and say, I know baby but I wanted to cheer my girl up. Now why don't you go take a shower and get changed into something comfortable. You can take your time baby. Okay? I see you nod your head which makes me smile. Good girl. I kiss your lips one more time and help you off my lap, I stand up with you and say, I love you princess. Have a relaxing shower or bath baby. I'll be down here waiting for you.

Y/n - I walk upstairs and decide to take a bath since I don't want to stand. Once it's all ready, I climb in and relax closing my eyes.

Lena - I am a little nervous as it been about ten minutes since I got off the phone with wanda. I know I'm most likely in trouble with her but I wanted to stop by the store and get flowers for her and y/n. I also grabbed some snacks for us if we have a movie night. I finally make it back to my car when I hear my phone ping. I stiffen and look at it with caution and sigh with relief that it's just Maria and kate asking if I made it okay. I message back saying I stopped by the store first and that I'll message them back when I pull in the driveway of Wanda's. They send a thumbs up and say, I love you babygirl, have fun. I smile and start the drive to Wanda's and make it there in five minutes. I message Maria and kate saying that I made it. I grab the stuff and make my way to the door. I take a deep breath and walk in since wanda said to do just that when I arrive. I take my shoes off at the door and walk further into the living room and see wanda sat on the couch with her arms over her chest and her eyebrow raised. I stop in my tracks and say, I know I'm late but I stopped by the store to get these. I show her the bags of snacks and then two bouquets of flowers. I see her stern look go soft for a few second but go back to stern. I frown and say, I'm sorry auntie. I know you worry about me to and I appreciate all you do but I wanted to do something nice for you and y/n since everything that happened with nat. Can I not do that?