Chapter Seventy-One

I could feel my cheeks heating up. I knew I was flushed red. "Now you're blushing bright red." He teased.

I covered my cheeks with my hands. "Just don't mention it.. It's hot out here." I lied.

"Want to come to my apartment? To cool off, since you're so hot. And I mean you really are." He grabbed my hand and pulled me the other way, towards his apartment.

"You're such a flirt." I rolled my eyes jokingly.

He gasped like he was offended. "Just a flirt to you." He winked.

"I'm sure." I said sarcastically.

He laughed a little. "That's funny." I didn't say anything.

We were already out of the neighborhood. The apartments were about a half mile from the park. We continued walking.

"Are your grandparents home?" I asked him.

"Nope, just us." He chuckled. "Why? Want to do the dirty?"

I lightly pushed him to the side. "Get out of here." I laughed.

We got to his apartment. "I'm just kidding." He said as he pulled out his keys.

He opened the door and we walked in. It was clean and nice looking. "How old did you say you were?" He asked randomly.

"16, I'm turning 17 in early June." I said. "How about you? 16?"

He sat down on the couch. "Ohh summer baby cool and I'm 17. My parents don't trust me to stay home alone but I'm kind of glad."

"Why?" I asked.

"I get to hang out with you all summer, if you're into me." He smiled.

I sat down next to him. "Sounds good to me."

"Oh so you are into me." He teased.

"Maybe I am.." I leaned in close enough to his face for us to kiss.

"Oh really, prove it," he winked, leaning in closer.

"Naa." I moved away.

"Oh my gosh! You're such a tease!" He threw his hands in the air.

"I'm sorry, it's really funny." I started to laugh.

"I bet you'll think this is funny." He grabbed me and started to tickle me.

"Noo, stop!" I laughed "I can't breath, oh my gosh."

He had me in his arms, holding me close. We both looked into each others eyes and he kissed me.