Chapter Three

After Dean left, my mom came home. She called me down, asking me to put groceries away. I quickly agreed and finished. I went over to her and asked her who Sam was.

"Uh, where did you hear that name?"

"Answer my question."

"Do you remember your Dad?" She asked. Dad brings back a lot of horrible memories. I would rather not think about him.

"No, maybe. I don't know, he was never here."

"Well a few years before you were born, he was with another woman."

"And?"

"He didn't know she was pregnant or even had the baby until I was pregnant with you."

"...Is that who Sam is?" I questioned, trying to put everything together.

"Your father left me for Sam's mother when you were about five, maybe six."

"What? How could he just leave us like that?"

"I don't know, that's what I thought."

"Where is he now?"

"Honey, your father died years ago.."

"What the fuck?" I whispered under my breath, continuously cussing in my head. "How come I've never heard about this?" I asked.

"I don't know.. I didn't know when to tell you. I'm sorry. How did you find out?"

Tears started pouring down my cheeks, I ran upstairs and slammed my door. A few moments later my phone rang. It was a random number, I didn't recognize it. I picked up my phone and pushed answer, a familiar voice was on the other line. It was Dean.

"Hello?"

"Hi, wait what's wrong? You sound like you're crying."

"I'm not crying.."

"You can tell me."

"No, I don't want to talk about it.. Okay?"

"Please?"

I ended the call, and continued crying. I couldn't stop thinking about my dad, the relationship I would never have with him, and the fact that he left us for them.

Dean's pov:

I immediately called her back repetitively, she didn't answer. I slammed my phone on the table getting frustrated. "For fuck's sake," I mumbled, giving up. I couldn't help but feel bad for her.

I heard Sam come in to our hotel room. I rubbed my eyes out of habit.

"Dean, are you okay?" Sam asked. Oh yes, I would be fine if I wasn't falling for your sister. "Yes, I'm fine." I respond.

"Are you sure? You're rubbing your eyes again... You're either stressed, mad, or worried."

"Yes Sam, I'm fine. Don't worry about it."

"Well tell me, how was she? Does she look like me? Does she act like me? I want to know everything."

"She has a lot of attitude but I can tell she's also sweet and kind."

"Oh so not really like me.."

"Wait let me finish."

"Okay, go on."

"She's very shy and reserved. Does that remind you of someone?"

"What I'm not shy.."

"You are."

"Okay whatever, what else?"

"She has brown hair. Not like black, but not light brown. Almost like your hair. Her face is different than yours, but I can tell that you guys are brother and sister. Except the fact that you're at least 6'3, and she's like more than a foot shorter."

"Wow.. She must have gotten her mom's genes."

"Shut up." I snapped.

"Whatever.." He responded.

Alex's pov:

I woke up the next morning at 7:00 Am. I was already late for school. I quickly jumped in the shower and got ready.

"Alexandra!" My mom screamed in anger. Great, I'm in trouble.

"I'm sorry, I know I'm late." I answered back trying to finish my make up.

"You better get your ass down now!" My mom called. She's very cranky in the morning. I ran down stairs and grabbed my shoes. "Let's go!" My mom said pushing me out the door. We both got into the car and she drove me to school.

I walked into the school, looking around for my friend Ashton. She was by her locker talking to my other friends.

"Hey." I smiled, interrupting them. The guy she was talking to was named Harry. Harry's really tall and has curly brown hair. He has a girlfriend named Emily. She's nice.

"Hi!" Ashton yelled, motioning her hands to come over.

"Hey shortie." Harry said while waving.

"How's the weather up there, Harry?" I answered back trying to make a smart comeback. Harry and I have a really good relationship and he's one of my best friends.

"Y'all are hilarious. Where's Emily?" Ashton asked.

"She's late but she'll be here soon." Harry responded.

"Well I'm going to go to my locker, wanna come?" I asked them.

"Sure." Harry replied.

"I'm going to wait here for Emily and Brandon. We'll meet you in first period." Ashton said as she walked away.

Harry and I walk all the way upstairs to my locker, he continues on making the short people jokes to me. It's not my fault he's a giant. He's like 6'1, I'm surprised he doesn't hit his head on doors. I guess it doesn't help that I'm only 5'2, I haven't grown since seventh grade. I probably won't grow anymore now that I'm 16.

---

After I finished getting the stuff from my locker, Harry and I walk down to our first period class.