Chapter Seventy-Four

When I got into my house, my phone was ringing. I picked it up and answered it. It was Chuck. "I thought I told you not to talk to me." I spat.

His tone got stronger as mine did. "Who's that guy you just kissed?." He asked angrily.

I forgot he was next door. Oops. "None of your business." I rolled my eyes. "Are you done?"

"No I am not done." I could hear him breathing. "I let you go so you could be with Dean, your 'soul mate'."

It made me sad thinking about Dean. "You never let me go because I was never yours."

"Alex, I didn't just want to have sex with you. I lied." He said softly.

"What the fuck do you mean you lied." My pitch got high.

"I love you, I always have, and I always will." He said in the same voice. "Open your window."

I opened it like he said and there he was sitting in his Dad's room, looking at me. "Chuck, why did you lie?"

"I just want you to be happy and I thought Dean would make you happy because you love him." He sighed. "I let you go so you could go back to Dean, not some random guy."

"I did something bad." I breathed. "You might not like me after I tell you."

He started to scratch the back of his head, a sign of nervousness. "What did you do?"

"Aaron and-"

"Aaron? Water park Aaron?" He interrupted.

"Yes, water park Aaron." I rolled my eyes. "Aaron and I had sex." I just wanted to be honest with him. It didn't matter if he hated me or not but I just wanted him to know so if that repels him, he can leave. He didn't say anything for a while. "Chuck?"

"You barely know him!" He raised his voice. "It took you like a day to have sex with him but it took you 16 years to have sex with me?"

"Chuck! That's way different." I raised my voice with him.

"How? Tell me how that's different." I could see him clench his fists like he was trying to restrain his anger.

"You were my best friend that turned into something." I closed my eyes and put my head down on my desk. "He has always been something."

"Alex, I'm sorry. Don't get upset." He said softly.

I hung up the phone and closed my window and curtains.