Chapter 26, Boys are Mysterious

KARA'S POV

"Lets go!! Move!!" The coach was yelling in the middle of the lacrosse field. The boys were running and throwing to the targets. Practicing certain formation plans and moves to score. Lacrosse practice started two weeks ago, but already the boys are sweating and moving just like they did during school. 

"Move it! Danny you need to be in position 1! Hayden knock that guy out! Good job boys!!" The coach kept yelling at players to work them harder. Colton was sweating heavily from running all the time. He managed to push a freshman boy down for being in his way. Poor guy. Shawn was doing great as well. He was doing offence and practice shooting and tossing the ball around with the offence team. The team was looking great and just in time for their first game this Wednesday.

Today was Monday, which meant they had two days of practice left till their first game. So coach decided to work them and train even harder till then. So he made practices longer from two and a half hours to three and a half hours. I don't mind it much, yes I would love to hang with my boyfriend, but I also want him to play the one sport he loves...Lacrosse. There is just something about a bunch of high school boys running around and knocking each other down. Lacrosse boys are just that H-O-T, HOT! 

I sat in the bleachers watching the boys play. I had a book with me in case I got to bored, but I mostly payed attention to the guys playing. I pulled out my phone to see that it was 7:20 p.m.. Practice would be over in ten minutes. I decided to walk down the stadium stairs to the track outside the field. By the time I made it down there, practice was over and players were headed to their gear. I walked up to Colton and Shawn while they started taking their helmets off.

"ugh! Is coach trying to kill us?" Hayden asked pulling a water bottle to his lips.

"Doubt it! Saturday practices are worst then these." Noah said.

"Definitely." The team murmured.

"Hey guys!" I said.

"Hi sis" Colton said. He gave me a quick smile then turned to take off his gear.

"Hey baby." Shawn pulled me into a hug, now I am all sweaty. Ewe.

"Hey Kara!" The rest of the boys said.

"So guys, I'm having a party Wednesday after the game. Kind of like a crash over night." Ethan said. "Kara you are even welcomed to come as well."

"Thank Ethan. I will think about it." I said. It was weird that he would even ask if it was a guys night. Shawn looked at me with a weird look on his face. After Shawn pick up his gear, him and I left to his house. 

"No way! West May can totally cream South Osway any day." I said.

"Yeah right. South Osway is so much better. Their defense team is incredibly strong." Shawn said.

"Whatever." I said with a smile on my face. 

"Can I ask you a question?" Shawn asked.

"Shoot!"

"Why did Ethan invite you to a guys night crash over? Is something going on between you guys?"

"No. Ethan is just a good friend of Landon's. He's sort of like another brother to me." I said.

"Okay, just wondering."

"It's alright. I thought it was weird as well. Though it could be fun." 

"So you are thinking of going?" Shawn asked.

"You have a problem with it?" I inquired.

"No, just curious." He said then just shrugged his shoulders. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday night.

It was game night. The team had been practicing everyday for this game. They would be facing Milwaukee. They are tough, but not that tough. The teams took each side of the field and got ready for the face off. Shawn is on the offence attack side, while Colton is a middy. Within a few seconds the game started. The ball was headed down towards Shawn. Bailey passed him the ball, who then passed it to Wyatt. He then took the shot and scored!! Everyone in the crowed jumped up and cheered. Landon and I did a high-five and cheered for our team.

The ball was headed down to our goal, but Dylan managed to steal it away and pass it to Colton. Colton Passed it to Wyatt who scored again. Making the score 2-0. Time flies by quickly and the game is just that good. The other team started to get a bit rougher with hitting and knocking people down. Even a fight broke out somewhere in the middle. After awhile, it was already the fourth quarter with one minute left. They guys decided to work on a new formation, causing Ryan to score the final goal in the last four seconds. Making the score 4-3, we won! The guys are cheering and hollering about the game. Landon and I rush down to the field to congrulate them.

"Shawnie! You were great!" I squealed jumping him into a hug.

"Thanks. Wow that was an intense game." He said.

"Yeah it was, but you guys did great." Landon spoke.

"Totally. Except that fight was bull****!" Colton said.

"Well maybe if you didn't punch the guy." I said. But Colton just gave me a dirty look.

"Whatever. Number 10 was asking for it anyways." Colton said. Shawn agreed with him. Guys? I don't get them what so ever. 

"So you guys coming over?" Ethan asked. I look up to see him standing behind the guys. His gear was already packed and ready to go.

"Yeah Shawn and I are." Colton said.

"Sweet! Kara you coming?" He asks.

"Yep! my stuff is Shawn's car." I said. 

"Sweet! And don't worry, I have a spare bedroom for you and Shawn." He said.

"Thanks Ethan." I said giving him a hug. 

"Alright. I will see you guys at my house then. Bye." Ethan said walking away towards his car.

"A guys party?" Landon asked.

"What? Colton and Shawn will be there." I said, folding my arms over my chest.

"You guys better look out for her!" Landon sternly said. 

"We will bro." Colton said patting Landon on the back.

"Alright Guys. We better be going." Shawn said. He took my hand into his as we walked to his car. Colton decided to ride with us to save up on gas.

"Kara now I know Shawn and I will be there, but no sex what so ever! And definitely don't go anywhere by yourself. I know Ethan only sees you as a little sister." Colton said. I hate it when he acts so protective. Bugs me sometimes.

"And no walking off with Ethan either." Shawn said.

"I won't guys I promise. I will ask either one of you if he does." I said. I am really nervous but excited at the same time to go. I still don't know why Ethan asked me, but I bet it is gonna be fun. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Sorry for the late chapter! and Sorry if it's not what you think. But at least a chapter is up! So enjoy and read!! And HAPPY EASTER!