Chapter 17, Changes and Triumphs

Monday morning, I woke up and got dressed. I put on flare blue jeans with a black v-neck shirt with a plaid pink, blue, and white flannel over. I slip on a pair of black converse on and head downstairs.  I make a bowl of captain crunch and then sit down at the table.

"Hey sis, ready for school?" Colton said sitting next to me eating his food.

"Not really." I said looking defeated.

"How come?" He asked.

"Because Colton, she got in trouble for being 'Ryan' remember." Landon said joining in. "And she feels that everyone in the school is gonna be disappointed in her, dad, and Shawn." he added.

"Oh right. Well you are still grounded Kara and i guess having to deal with the school is the rest of your punishment. " Colton said then headed for the door.

"Yeah guess it  will be. I just hope Shawn is not pissed at me for it. He looked pissed at the game." I said looking down at my food.

"Come on Kara we need to go." Landon said walking out the front door. I put my bowl in the sink, grab my bag and head out.

_____________________________

At school, I was standing at Lilly's locker while she grabbed some books and placed them in her bag.

"What do mean that Shawn was pissed at me?" I asked Lilly.

"Well he said that he didn't like what you did and that you were really stupid for not talking to him." She said looking at me and back to her locker.

"Great, i'm the worst girlfriend ever. I need to talk to him and see what I did wrong." I said. The bell rang and we went our separate ways for classes. 

By the time fifth period came around the last class, I Shawn in the gym with the rest of the students. I walked straight up to him and tapped on his shoulder. He turned around and glanced at me then turned back to his friends.

"Excuse me?" I said trying to get his attention. He did not even move or glance at me.

"Shawn, we need to talk." I said grabbing his shoulder. He turns around and looks at me with an angry look on his face.

"Go away Kara, I am not in the mood to talk to you." He said.

"I know what I did was stupid, but please forgive me?" I asked. He glared at me, then he spoke.

"Kara, I am not in the mood to talk to right now. You were completely stupid for playing in the game. So just leave me alone!" Shawn said then turning back to his friends. I was shocked at what he had spoke to me. I walk away with tears trying to emerge from my eyes. 

"So did you talk to shawn?" Lilly asked. Her face softened when she saw that i was about to cry.

"What happened?" she asked.

"He doesn't want to talk to me. He called me stupid for what i did." I said sliding down the wall and putting my face in my hands.

"Stupid? Yeah right, if anyone was stupid it was me! I'm so sorry Kara i didn't mean to get you in trouble. And Shawn, who cares!? He's missing the best thing that ever happened to him." Lilly said putting her arm around my shoulder. 

"I don't know. I just hope we are still together." I said. Coach B came into the room and had us either play basketball or sit on the bleachers for the day. Lilly and I sat on the bleachers talking more. I just screwed up everything with my boyfriend and we might be over. I am completely lame right now. 

After school, I was putting my books in my locker when I saw Shawn walk down the hallway talking to this geeky girl. She placed her hand on his arm. She was flirting with him and he just acted like it did not matter. Guess I didn't matter. I slammed my locker shut and headed outside towards the parking lot. I made it half way and stopped to sit on the bleachers to cry. Did Shawn not like me anymore? Did we break up for what i did? I am so stupid for doing such a stupid thing. I should have told Lilly and Ryan no!