Chapter 3, Boys Won't Talk To Me Without You Guys Getting Mad

After school, I made my way towards Landon's car to see Landon's and Colton's lacrosse buddies hanging out. They were all talking and cheering about tomorrow's lacrosse tryouts. Maybe I will see Shawn tomorrow at the tryouts. I smiled when i thought about him and how sweet of a guy he is. I was lost in thought till Landon snapped his fingers in front of my face. I blinked a few times and looked at him. 

"What?!!" I said irritated. 

"Calm down Kara, you were the one staring off in space" he said.

"I was just thinking about how to help Lilly with Derek Vase." I didn't want any of my brothers to know i was thinking about a boy. Or even the team. The team is just like my brothers, they look out for me. 

"Lilly has a crush on Derek?" Colton asked.

"Yes. and she thinks that he may like her back." I said pointing my finger at him.

"Hopefully he does but just tell her to calm down for now before she scares the poor boy away." Landon said laughing. The team joined in for a brief chuckle. 

"So you guys ready for tryouts tomorrow?" Ryan asked. He is one of the lacrosse players from varsity last year. 

"I think we all are. I just hope coach puts all of us on Varsity again this year" Danny said. Another lax boy.

"Yeah bet he will" everyone agreed and cheered. "Hopefully Kara here won't be staring at us while we play" everyone laughed but me and my brothers. 

"You shouldn't be looking at them. We told you not to look at our teammates that way. And you guys know not to flirt with our sister!!" Both of my brothers were irratated about this. 

"You guys know i wouldn't hook up with one of your teammates!! Plus boys won't even talk to me with out you guys jumping overboard!!" I yelled. Everyone looked at me for a minute and agreed that i was right. My brothers do overreact when it comes to boys but i guess they don't have to worry cause no boy will talk to me while they are there. After a while, everyone dispersed to their cars and left. My brothers and i left to go home. 

Once we got home, I headed upstairs to do my homework. While Colton went in the living room to watch a pro lacrosse game and Landon went into the kitchen to make dinner. While i was doing my English homework, my phone buzzed but i didn't recognized the number. The text said:

unknown number: "Hey, this is Shawn!!"

Me: "Hey!! How'd you get my #?

Shawn: Your friend Lilly gave it to me :)

Me: When did she do that?

Shawn: When you guys left the locker room after PE, i asked and she gave it to me :)

Me: remind me to kill Lilly 2moro at school. lol Whats up?

Shawn: Nm. Just doing my homework and thinking about a girl in our PE class 

Me: Who is this girl? (I said feeling disappointed if its not me he's thinking about)

Shawn: Oh just a girl who kissed me today ;)

Me: Awe your sweet. But i just gave you a reward for winning a race :)

Shawn: Yeah, but it came from a cute girl 

Me: Thanks. :)  Are you gonna try out for lacrosse 2moro?

Shawn: Yeah i am, i hope i get varsity this year. I got it last year at my old school. Are you gonna be there? Since you like to watch lacrosse. ;)

Me: Yeah i am. My brothers' are trying out too and they are my ride home :p

Shawn: you have brother's? That's cool. Hopefully they are good at the game. 

Me: Yeah they are one of the few players that are good on the team. 

Shawn: well ill talk to ya later, time for dinner. Maybe ill c ya 2moro ;)

Me: maybe ;) bye

I closed my phone and continued with my homework. I can't believe Lilly gave my number to Shawn but i'm actually happy she did it. Shawn is really cute and he was thinking about me today. Yay!!! a hot guy actually talked to me and like me. I finished my homework and went downstairs to have dinner with my brothers. I grab a plate of spaghetti and sit down in the living room next to my brothers.

"So hows the game?" i asked

"Alright, the Outlaws are losing to the Cannons. If they keep this up, they won't make it to the championships. " Colton said taking a bite of his food. 

"Their defense is good, but the offece team is sucking today" landon added.

We all nod as we watch the game while eating our food. After the game i put my plate in the sink and head to bed. As i lay there in bed, my mind keeps thinking about the new guy Shawn. Just everything about him is just so perfect. That kiss today felt so good, like a firework went off. Then i fall into a deep slumber.