Chapter 18, Welcome home.

KARA'S POV

Lacrosse season has ended and school was almost over. It was June and everyone was excited to leave school for the summer. A few weeks ago, Shawn and my brothers acted really weird after they had a team thing one night. It was weird that at eight at night they had to do something. I tried talking to Shawn about it but all he said that they played games and got drunk. Stupid boys. Anyways, it was the last few weeks of June and everyone was planning parties for it. Landon was going to community college after this and I was happy that I didn't have to see him at school. There still is Colton left as a senior but i could handle one brother for now. Shawn, Ryan, Lilly, and I are planning on having a sleepover at my house on the last day of school. Thursday was the last day and today was only Tuesday.

"Kara are you listening to me?" Lilly asked poking at me.

"Yeah Lilly, Just sidetracked about school." I said grabbing my English book and putting it in my bag.

"I know, school drags right now, but I can't wait!! We can watch movies and have popcorn. It will be great!!" Lilly said all happy.

"Same here. Plus summer nights of shopping and being with Shawn!" I said closing my locker and we head towards class.

"Yep! But i get to hang out with Ryan all summer." she said with a genuine smile.

"Yeah, we should do a girls night to." I said nudging her into class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

In the locker room I received a text from colton saying that we needed to go home after school and that I should ride with them. 

"Whats up?" Lilly asked leaning over my shoulder.

"I got to go home with my brothers." I said putting my phone away. We stood by the locker doors waiting for the bell to ring. 

"Why do you have to ride with them?" 

"I don't know. I just hope I am not in trouble."  The bell rang and we walked out. 

"Hmm. Well let me know what is going on."

"Sure. Text you later. Bye." I said walking towards Landon's car. 

ME: Shawn, srry but i need to go home w/ brothers text

...few minutes later...

SHAWN: ok babe. Everything alright?

ME: i think so, ill let u know what's going on.

SHAWN: OK babe, text you later. :*

ME: bye :*

I put away my phone as i approach Landon's car. Landon was leaning on the side of the car making out with Kenzie. It is really disgusting to see now, eww!

"Ready?" I asked sitting in the back seat. Colton was already in the passenger seat. After a few minutes Landon stopped swapping spit with Kenzie and said goodbye to each other. 

"Do you really have to make out in public? To much PDA." I said pointing my finger into my mouth as if to throw up. 

"Oh shut it Kara. You and Shawn do it so get over it." Landon said as we drive off. Colton turns on the radio and Gangnam Style came on. We cranked up the music and sang the song all the way home.

''~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So why did I have to ride home with you guys?" I said walking into the house and dropping my stuff by the door.

"Just someone for you to meet." Landon said closing the door behind us.

"Meet? Who is it?" I asked a bit confused. Who is it that wants to meet me? 

"Hi sweetie." 

I turn around and my dad is standing in the living room doorway.

"Daddy!!" I shouted running up into his arms. 

"Hey baby girl. It is nice to see you again." Dad said with a happy tear sliding down his face. Colton and Landon then joined us in a group hug.

"Wow. You kids really grew up." He said as we pull away. 

"Yeah dad. We missed you so much." Landon said with a sincere smile on his face. 

"I missed you to guys. You are all I thought about. Landon, you are so tall now and let me guess, Varsity?" Dad spoke to him.

"Yeah dad varsity all the way! Plus you got to see my girlfriend to." 

"Girlfriend? Way to go champ. What about you Colton? Any girlfriend for you?"

"No dad. Still looking for her, but i don't mind browsing around." Colton said moving his eyebrows up and down so creepy looking.

"Haha. Just don't get any of them pregnant. I'm not ready to be a Grandad so soon." Dad said patting Colton on the back.

"Dad? How long are you staying?" I asked.

"Well I know I am going to be here for about two months so far." He said, but i just got sad knowing he will depart after two months. I was pulled out of my thoughts when dad asked me a question.

"Don't worry Kara, everything will be alright. Anyways you little trouble maker, hopefully you don't have a boyfriend or caused your brothers any trouble." dad said putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Nope i have not. But i do have a boyfriend." I said with a smile.

"You do? When do i get to meet him so i can have a chat with him?" He said getting all protective. Now i know where Colton and Landon get it from. 

"You will dad. Hopefully tomorrow you can."

"Ok good. No one dates my daughter without my approval. Now, Lets order some pizza and watch some movies. You want to guys." Dad said.

"Yeah!" we all cheered at the same time.

I'm happy that dad is home now. We can finally be a family again, and soon he will know how great Shawn is. I just hope dad doesn't find out about chase and the Lacrosse game. Lets just hope. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night I text Shawn about my dad being home and that he needs to meet him. Shawn agreed and would meet him tomorrow. I headed upstairs to get ready for bed. I put on some little boxer shorts and a tank then I climbed into bed. I laid in bed thinking about dad being home and that I don't want him to leave. Though I know, I will enjoy my time with dad during our short time together. With summer around the corner, we can spend all day with each other. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading hope you like the chapter. 

And chapter 19 shawn meets dad, and mystery dude.