Chapter 2

Just a little reminder that Daemon is a little dark and morally twisted in this story, for the people that don't like that kind of thing.

Rhaenyra and Daemon talk and he makes her a proposition. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

Rhaenyra was not sure that this had been her best idea. At the time it had seemed like her only option, but now standing in an unfamiliar study she was not so sure. After that stupid party, she had gone into her father's office and snooped. She had found the contracts and several other papers that corroborated what Laenor had told her. Even with all of that, she had not been too sure that her father would force her to marry Laenor, but then she found a report locked into her father's safe. Her father had allied himself with Otto Hightower to kill her mother. Rhaenyra had not been supposed to be in the car that day, but that still had not stopped the plan. Rhaenyra had locked herself in her room and spent the entire night crying. Her father had acted devastated at the death of her mother and he had pretended to love her, but he was just another liar and now he wanted to get rid of Rhaenyra.

Her father was marrying her to Laenor so he could get access to her fortune. Her mother must have suspected something was wrong because she had changed her will three weeks before the accident. Her mother had left all her money to Rhaenyra, but there was a clause in the will that said Rhaenyra would get the money when she turned twenty-five or once she married. One of the contracts that had been on her father's desk was a contract that Rhaenyra was supposed to sign on the day of her wedding, where she gave her father all her money. Her father had bankrupted their family and he needed to come up with money fast, and decided to use her to do it.

Once she discovered all her father's lies she knew she could not stay there. Her father would kill her if he found out that she knew what he had done. There was also the fact that she hated him and wanted nothing to do with the man or his family. Rhaenyra did not have a lot of money and had used some of it to get a flight to Kings Landing. The last of her money had been used to get a cab that left her at the front gates of Daemon's mansion. The guard at the gate had refused to let her in and after she kept insisting, he called for a large man with curly brown hair and smiling eyes. The man had been nicer than the guard, but he also looked like he could break her in a second if he wanted to. He had known who she was immediately and allowed her into the house. That had been over ten minutes ago and now she was pacing around the study attempting to calm her nerves.

"You are the last person I expected to see here." Rhaenyra jumped up and turned around, her eyes widening when she saw the man she had called uncle for so many years standing at the door. His silver hair was a lot shorter than the last time she had seen him and he looked even more handsome. "Little Rhaenyra Targaryen, well, not so little anymore."

"Hello." Her voice sounded breathless, not at all like the strong woman she had planned to be.

"What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you." He gave her an amused look before moving to sit behind his desk. He did not say anything, just raised an eyebrow and waited for her to continue. "I need your help."

"Of course you do." His sarcastic tone didn't help her nerves any. "I kind of guessed that when they told me you were here, I knew you would not come to see me just because you missed me."

"You never came to see me either." Even while she was afraid and a bit apprehensive she had never been someone to allow another person to walk all over her. "My father is planning to marry me to Laenor Velaryon."

"Do not tell me that's why you ran away?"

"No, I mean, that's not the only reason." She twisted one of her rings around her finger. She wanted to sit, but he had not offered and she didn't want to do anything that would be considered disrespectful, especially when she needed his help. "I also found out that my father killed my mother and now he wants to marry me off so he can get access to my trust fund."