Chapter 29

Rhaelys meets Rhaenyra and Daemon's children. Daemon and Rhaenyra get frisky in the pool 😳. I hope you guys like it 🥰

Rhaelys should have known better than to speak to Daemon the way she had. She had never met the man in person, but he was one of the people she had read about. She knew of his reputation and how ruthless he was. He had killed a lot of people to rise to the position he held today. What she was having a hard time believing was that her sister had married that man. She didn't know Rhaenyra, but the woman appeared to be sweet and not like a mafia boss's wife. Rhaelys thought of some of the things she had read about Daemon and her eyes widened.

"Was Daemon the one who killed our father?" Rhaenyra was startled by her question, but the expression on her face remained neutral.

"Yes," Rhaelys lifted an eyebrow. She was having trouble understanding how Rhaenrya could be married to the man who had raised her, but then her sister said her father was not a good man. "Our father attacked this house and I was shot and almost killed. Daemon retaliated, especially because our son was almost killed too."

"You have a son?" The idea made her happy, she had never been around children.

"Yes, I have a son and a daughter." Rhaenyra's smile softened and Rhaelys smiled. "Aemond is the oldest, he is eight..."

"Eight? Aren't you twenty-four?" Rhaenyra nodded and Rhaelys frowned, she didn't want to sound judgmental, but that meant that Rhaenyra had Aemond when she was sixteen. "Did Daemon take advantage of you?"

"What?" Her sister appeared to be confused for a moment before she just laughed. "No, of course not. Aemond is not biologically mine. He is Daemon's son with another woman, who died a few months after giving birth. I adopted Aemond officially once I married Daemon."

"Oh." Rhaelys grimaced and gave Rhaenyra an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, I don't want to sound like I'm judging you. I'm not very good at social interactions. I lived in a tower all my life. Talking to people was not really encouraged."

"I'm sorry, that must have been difficult for you." She shrugged, not wanting her sister's pity.

Her life had not been so horrible. She had never been abused or hit, she had been fed several times a day and given things to occupy her time with. She had been able to walk around the small courtyard attached to the tower where she lived and during the hot summer months, Arthur had taught her how to swim in the house pool. Things could have been worse and for a while, she had been happy.

She heard laughter before a little girl with silver hair wearing a pink dress ran into the sitting room, she couldn't be more than four. A silver-haired boy followed, his hair sticking all over the place as he laughed. Then a golden retriever ran after them, barking and jumping around the children. The boy immediately moved to Rhaenyra and kissed her cheek, the smirk on his face identical to Daemon's. Rhaelys knew this was Aemond, Daemon, and Rhaenyra's son and the little girl must be their daughter.

"Mom, we don't have any more bacon treats for Syrax." Aemond gave his mother a pleading look. "Can we go get some more?"

"Harwin is out." Rhaenyra ran a hand over her son's head. "I will text him to get her some more."

"Why was Uncle Harwin limping?" Aemond asked with a curious look.

"He had an accident," Rhaenyra answered and gave her a warning look.

"Daddy said that pissed someone off," Aemma said with a giddy look on her face. "So he got kicked in the balls."

"Aemma!" Rhaenyra glared at her daughter, but the girl didn't appear intimidated in the least.