Chapter 22

We get to see how Rhaenyra is doing after everything. Daemon makes himself feel better by torturing people. I hope you guys like it 🥰

3 weeks later.

Rhaenyra loved Daemon, she had loved him since she was a small girl, but right now she wanted to kill him. The man's hovering was driving her up the wall and she was trying to be understanding but he was not making it easy. She had given him a lot of leeway because she had seen how scared he was. She spent a week in the hospital because even after the doctor released her to go home, as long as she rested, Daemon refused and kept her there for two more days. She was not allowed to lift anything, those had been the doctor's orders, but again, Daemon had taken them too far. It felt like he could not take his eyes away from her; like he was afraid she would disappear if he looked away for too long.

Once she had woken up Daemon had waited two days before telling her what had happened after she became unconscious. He had also told her about the pregnancy and that she had lost the baby. Rhaenyra had been sad for the baby who had not stood a chance, but she did not want to have a baby right now. Rhaenyra already had a lot on her plate, between school, Daemon, her father, trying to find her sister, and Aemond, not exactly in that order. She wanted a few more years of Daemon, Aemond and her being together before she had another child.

Once she was released from the hospital they had returned home. Daemon had paid an insane amount of money to make sure the house was ready for her return. She had been surprised when she found it looked the same as it had before the attack, no one could tell what had happened there. If she thought security was a lot before, it was overwhelming right now. She could barely walk three steps without seeing a guard.

"Mommy!" Aemond came running and stopped before crashing into her. "I made you a dwawing."

"You did?" She gave him an excited smile. "Show me."

The little boy squealed as she started to climb on the sofa beside her.

"Aemond," Daemon appeared out of nowhere and glared at the little boy. "I have told you a thousand times that you can't be climbing so close to Rhaenyra, you could hurt her."

While his voice wasn't harsh, he wasn't being nice either. Rhaenyra glared at him when she saw the way Aemond's happy expression fell away.

"Don't listen to him, baby. I would love for you to sit with me." Aemond had also been very clingy since the incident. He had even taken to sleeping in the same bed with her and Daemon. Her uncle made sure to sleep between then so Aemond wouldn't kick her by accident. "Come here, and show me your drawing."

Aemond's smile was so large it took over his entire face as he climbed on the couch and sat next to her. He was careful to make sure he wasn't pressing too hard against her side and pointed at the drawing.

"This is you and daddy," He pointed to the two largest stick figures, before pointing to the small one in the middle. "And this is me."

He had drawn himself standing between her and Daemon, each of them holding one of his hands. Rhaenyra smiled and pointed to the side of her. "And what is that?"

"That is a puppy."

"Are you saying you want a puppy?" She asked laughter in her voice.

"Yes," Aemond moved a bit closer to her and lowered his voice. "I need you to convince daddy."

Rhaenyra laughed and kissed the top of his head, happy that he was doing better than expected with everything that had happened. He had nightmares sometimes and when taking his nap, either Rhaenyra or Daemon had to stay in the room with him or he would wake up sobbing. He wasn't able to spend too much time away from them before he started getting anxious. She hated that her father had taken away his security and his feeling of safety. Daemon had taken him to see a psychologist, one who especially in children involved in their way of life. Rhaenyra could not wait for the day when it would not affect him so much.