Chapter 26

There is a 6 year time jump. Sorry to those who wanted to see Aemond's birthday, but just know that it was great. We get to see how Daemon and Rhaenyra's relationship has progressed. We also find out a tiny bit more about Rhaenyra's sister. I hope you guys like it 🥰

6 years later.

Rhaenyra took her husband's hand and stepped out of the car, smiling at him as cameras flashed. She hated these kinds of events but knew that they were necessary, especially when it came to helping her husband. The mayor was as corrupt as they came, but then so were most Lannisters. Jason Lannister was a pompous man who up until two years ago had enjoyed flirting with Rhaenyra until Daemon broke his hand and made sure that the man knew next time he would lose more than that. The Lannister man had behaved since then, but she still didn't like him.

They made their way inside, stopping to greet a few people, before making their way to the mayor. Jason was talking to another man, while his wife stood at his side looking miserable. Rhaenyra felt sorry for the woman and couldn't imagine how she was still married to that idiot. She saw Jason run his gaze up and down her body before looking at Daemon and his face paled. Rhaenyra had to hide her smile as Daemon squeezed the other man's hand like he wanted to break it. They exchanged a few pleasantries before Rhaenyra dragged her husband away. She didn't think it would be good for business if he punched the mayor at his own party.

"Don't look so glum." She gave him a quick kiss. "We won't be here for too long."

"I didn't want to be here at all." He glared at Jason. "I hate that idiot, maybe I should kill him."

"You will be fine." Rhaenyra looked around the room. "There are some people here you should talk to. I heard that Grover Tully is looking to sell his media conglomerate, his grandson doesn't want it and the man refuses to leave it to him so he can sell it at a later date and get all his money."

"Why would I want to buy a media company?"

"Because his company is very profitable," Rhaenyra said while rolling her eyes. "His company is projected to grow forty percent in the coming year and even more after that, the revenue projected for this year is forty million and fifty-six million the coming year."

"That sounds like something I could get behind." Daemon looked towards the older man. "Maybe you should talk to him since you are the one who knows about his business."

"I would, but Grover is very old-fashioned." Rhaenyra took two champagne flutes and handed them to him. "He doesn't think women should be involved in business. Don't worry, just work your charm on him while I talk to some of our business associates."

He gave her a quick kiss before walking away. Rhaenrya had officially taken over Daemon and the family's accounting since she graduated two years ago. Unofficially she had been working with their money for longer. She had been able to make their money grow, especially since she received her inheritance when she married Daemon five years before, that was also when she officially adopted Aemond. Daemon had refused to touch her money, saying it was hers to do with as she pleased. Rhaenyra had invested part of it, while another part was put in a thrust for Aemond, her daughter Aemma and any other children she and Daemon might have in the future.

Aemma was three years old and she was adored by her brother and father. She was treated like a princess, her every whim granted by her father and brother. Harwin was her honorary uncle, who also spoiled the little girl like there was no tomorrow. Rhaenyra and Daemon were good together, not only personally, but in business. Unlike most men in their way of life, her husband had no issues with allowing her to work with him. Rhaenyra was kept out of harm's way while she controlled the family money from behind the scenes.