Chapter 33

Arthur makes a move that leaves Daemon reeling and afraid. I hope you guys like it 🥰

6 days later

"What is going on between you and Rhaelys?" Daemon asked as soon as Harwin had sat down.

The man gave him a guilty look and cleared his throat. "I don't know what you mean."

"Yes, you do." Daemon had been the one to give the order for Rhaelys to be found, but Harwin had been the one to work very hard to find the girl and bring her home. It would not be strange that feelings had developed while he looked for her for so many years. "I have seen the way you look at her."

"There is nothing between her and me." Daemon didn't say anything and just continued to look at his friend until Harwin sighed. "She is curious, after all the years she spent locked in she is now pushing her boundaries and wanting to experiment with things that she has never been able to do before."

"And she wants to experiment with you?"

"Yes," Harwin shrugged. "Maybe she sees me as safe since she knows I work for you."

"You know perfectly well what will happen if you fuck her." Harwin nodded but didn't say anything. "Since she is a Targaryen and my niece, if you take her to bed you will have to marry her."

Daemon knew that he was being a bit of a hypocrite. When Rhaenyra first came to him he had blackmailed her into sleeping with him and he had no intention of marrying her. But Daemon was the boss, there were a lot of things he could get away with that others couldn't. The world they lived in wasn't fair to women, and there wasn't a lot he could do about that. He also knew Rhaenyra wouldn't be happy if Harwin hurt her sister and he wasn't going to allow anything to come between his wife and her sister.

He frowned when his phone rang and he saw a restricted number. Arthur hadn't called him in over a week and while Daemon knew the man had not forgotten he had counted on Doran to talk to the man and get him to at least back off until they had proof that Rhaelys was with them. He gave Harwin an annoyed look before answering the call. "Yes,"

"Have you made a decision yet?" Arthur's voice was calm, very different from the last time he had spoken.

"I still don't know what you are talking about." Daemon's voice was calm, not giving anything away. "You never told me what I supposedly took from you."

"Fine, if this is how you want to play it." Arthur's voice became amused. "I have something that belongs to you."

Daemon felt a chill run down his spine and could hear Arthur moving. Terror gripped him when he heard the new voice on the other side of the phone. "Dad?"

"Aemond." Harwin straightened, his eyes becoming sharp. Daemon tried to keep calm and not to react hastily. "Where are you?"

"I don't know." His son sounded a bit scared, but he didn't sound hurt. "This man took us from school."

"Us?" Daemon's fear increased exponentially. "Who else did he take?"

"Aemma," Aemond's voice was low.

He heard movement in the background again and then Arthur spoke again. "I think you will now see things my way."

"I will kill you." Harwin was already on the phone, barking orders, but Daemon couldn't think of anything else at that moment. "If you touch a hair on their heads I will make sure you suffer like never before."

"You have twenty-four hours to give me back Rhaelys." Arthur's voice became harsh. "Or I will start sending your children back one piece at a time."

The line disconnected and Daemon cursed before throwing the phone against the wall. Where the fuck were the men that were supposed to be watching his children? How was it that someone had just gone into his son's school and taken him and Aemma? He would make sure that everyone who had in part this would pay.