Chapter 12

Daemon gives Rhaenyra a surprise. Someone visits Daemon and gives him some news. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

1 month later.

Rhaenyra's life had become very routine, she would wake up, take a bath, get dressed, and then her morning routine with Aemond started. They would have breakfast together and she would make sure he was up in time to say goodbye to his father every morning. Things with Daemon were a bit strange, but not unpleasant. Her uncle had not tried to even kiss her and he would look at her like a lost puppy most of the time. He would make sure to find her when she was alone and talk to her. He would ask her about her life once he had left and about things she liked and things she enjoyed doing. Then the gifts started small things at first, her favorite flowers, her favorite chocolates, which he actually had flown from Lys just for her. Then the gifts started to get a bit more expensive. He gifted her diamonds, emeralds, sapphires, and rubies, her jewelry collection was larger than it had ever been. If she didn't know any better she would think he was courting her.

He also was not ashamed of using Aemond to spend time with her. He had shown up at the pool one day while she was swimming with Aemond, who of course was delighted and Rhaenyra didn't have the heart to kick Daemon out and hurt Aemond's feelings. He had shown up in the home theater one night after dinner, while she and Aemond were watching Frozen. He had asked the little boy if he could stay before sitting next to him. Aemond had been delighted to have mommy and daddy watching a movie with him and had not stopped talking about it all night. Afterward, he invited Daemon to read a bedtime story with them. He was confusing her by being nice and actually taking an interest in her, and she didn't like it.

Today had been a nice day, sunny and warm, allowing her and Aemond to spend a lot of time outside. The little boy was running around the garden with a large toy dragon while she sat on a lounge chair, making sure the umbrella was well positioned so she wouldn't burn. She was reading her book while keeping an eye on Aemond when a shadow covered the upper half of her body. She knew it was Daemon without having to look at him.

"I swear if you give me another diamond I will throw it at your head."

"No, no more diamonds." He laughed before sitting on the empty space by her legs. "But I have brought you something."

Rhaenyra put down the book and looked at him, expecting another ridiculously expensive gift, but was surprised when he handed a pamphlet.

"What is this?"

"Is a pamphlet for Kings Landing University." There was a smile on his face and she just looked down at the pamphlet before giving him a questioning look. "I know that is your dream school."

"And how do you know that?" She had never told him that.

"Because I listen to you." He looked at Aemond, making sure his son was still playing happily before looking back at her. "When we talk about studying and universities, your eyes light up when you talk about this one. I also did some research and it has the best accounting program in the country."

"I'm aware." She had spent a lot of time dreaming about going to Kings Landing University before her father had made it clear that those were stupid dreams and her job was to marry and have children. "What I don't understand is why you are giving me a pamphlet."

"You are enrolled." Rhaenyra's eyes widened and she gave her uncle a shocked look. "You can't go personally and for that I'm sorry. I don't know if your father is aware you are here yet, but until we know was going on I can't put you in danger. But for now, you can take online classes and once your father is taken care of then you can attend university like any other normal eighteen year old."