Chapter 15

Daemon tortures the man a bit, for those of you who don't like it, skip the first half. Is Aemond and Rhaenyra's special day and Daemon interrupts. I hope you guys like it 🥰

Daemon looked at the man who had been tied up with curiosity. He had to admit he had been surprised that someone had been stupid enough to attack him, especially where anyone could see them. Daemon's reputation had made it so that he had not been attacked personally in years. People knew better than to anger him, anytime he had been attacked his answer had been brutal and chaotic until people knew better than to try and hurt him or his family. This man had made a grave mistake, one that would cost him his life, but a bit of torture first. The man in question was glaring at him, like it was Daemon's fault he was in that position, instead of his own stupid choices.

"You are a very stupid man." Daemon's look was amused as the man panted. Harwin had worked him over a bit, just to get him warm up. "I mean attacking me is one thing, but attacking my woman that was just having a death wish."

"From what I've been told she is not yours." The man spit out some blood and gave Daemon an amused look. "Believe me, I am not the only one who will be coming for her."

"No, but I will make sure the ones who come after you know exactly what will happen to them." Daemon picked up the small blowtorch and turned back to the man. "You see, I plan to send pieces of you to whoever sent you here for Rhaenyra. Now, it will depend on you if I take those pieces before or after you are dead."

"I'm not telling you anything."

"Don't worry, everyone says that." Daemon moved closer to the man as Harwin laughed. "You see, people always think that they can withstand more pain than they actually can. Let's see how much pain you can take."

The man didn't have time to say anything, Daemon pointed the tip of the blowtorch at one of the man's thumbs and turned it on. The man's screams made Daemon feel a lot better and he smiled as he burned the man's finger until it was a lump of coal. The man was whimpering and sweating by the time Daemon was done. He set aside the blowtorch and took the pliers Harwin handed him. He didn't bother to say anything as he removed the finger, making the man scream again.

"I will do this one finger at the time, before moving to your toes." Daemon set the pliers aside. "And after that, I will break your knees, and elbows, take a hammer to what is left of your hands. And if you haven't told me what I want to hear by then I will move to other parts of your body."

The man trembled and Daemon's smile never left his face. He was actually impressed when it took burning and removing two more of his fingers before the man started talking. Once he started talking it was like he couldn't stop. Daemon knew that he just wanted to stop the torture, but Daemon wasn't going to let the man have any peace until he paid for attacking Rhaenyra. The man had ruined his night and had put Rhaenyra in danger, Daemon wasn't going to stop until he felt better, and torturing the man would help with that.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Aemond laughed as he ran into the tent and crawled through the tunnel. His laughter made her smile as she followed after him, it was a good thing she was a small girl. The last thing she wanted was to get stuck and have Daemon or one of his men having to cut her out. Aemond had taken their special day very seriously. He had talked to Ada and had her prepare them a special breakfast. They had watched his favorite movie after breakfast and then Aemond had decided to turn the largest sitting room into an obstacle course.