Chapter 20

Daemon takes care of the traitor and then goes to have some alone time with Rhaenyra 😳. Whoever doesn't like smut, skip the second part of the chapter. I hope you guys like it 🥰

He had been pissed about the things that had happened in the past few days. Harwin still had not been able to find anything about Rhaenyra's sister, they didn't have the slightest idea where the girl could be. Rhaenyra was doing good, but she was going crazy being locked inside the house. He couldn't blame her, but he hadn't been able to take her anywhere since he was worried about Viserys's desperation. He also had not been sure he wanted to take her anywhere until he figured out who the mole was and now that he knew he had wasted no time in sending his men to get the person who had betrayed him.

He stepped into one of the cells he had built in the basement and smiled at the woman. He had been surprised when Borros told him who the traitor was, but he should not have been. She had never liked when people got the best of her. He enjoyed seeing her like this, dirty and beaten up, bruises littering her skin.

"I always knew you were ambitious, Mysaria." Daemon smiled and crossed his arms over his chest. "But I didn't realize you were also stupid. There is no other reason I can think of, besides stupidity, why you decided that betraying me was a good idea."

"You betrayed me first." Mysaria snapped, one of her eyes was swollen shut, so her glare didn't have the desired effect. "You brought you that whore into your house and dropped me like I was nothing."

Daemon's hand shot out, connecting with Mysaria's face and making her fall. The ring in his hand cut her lip, he had backhanded her hard. Maybe that way she would learn to keep her mouth shut.

"The only whore here is you." He grabbed her hair, yanking until she was on her knees again. "The next time you call Rhaenyra a whore I will cut out your tongue."

"We could have been great together." There was jealousy in her eyes. "I could have been your queen."

"There are a few things you need to know because apparently, you are delusional." Daemon gave her a mocking smile. "First, I am already great, I don't need you for that. Second, only a Targaryen can tame another Targaryen. Last, but not least, Rhaenyra is a queen and she doesn't need a king to be one. I would have never married you, not even if Rhaenyra hadn't shown up."

"She won't be here for long." Mysaria hadn't learned her lesson. "Now that her father knows where she is at, he will send men after her. You can't take all of them on, you won't be able to protect her."

"Don't underestimate me, you have no idea how far I will go to protect those I love." The grip on her hair tightened as he started dragging her out of the cell and toward the end of the hallway. "Now, is time you learn what happens to people who betray me."

Mysaria kicked and tried to get out of his hold without any success. She knew she was about to die, what she didn't know was how excruciating her death would be. Daemon stopped when he reached the metal door and let go of her hair, turning to give her an amused look.

"What is that?" She swallowed as she looked at him.

"That is an industrial oven." She whimpered in fear, making his smile widen. "Do you know there are people who believed that my family had dragons? Is said Aegon the Conqueror rode the largest dragon in the world, a black dragon called Balerion. His sisters also had dragons and they used them to make their enemies kneel. Now dragons went extinct a long time ago, so I had to improvise."

"What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to burn you alive." He yanked her up by her arm. "Now, don't worry, I won't be setting you on fire. I want you to burn slowly, cook from the inside out."