Chapter 18

Aemond tries to make Rhaenyra feel better and Daemon tries to convince Rhaenyra to move back into his room. I hope you guys like it 🥰

She sat on the couch and stared into space. She had not been able to think about anything else since Daemon had told her about her sister, she still had trouble believing it. She could not imagine how desperate her mother must have felt to fake her sister's death. She wondered what her sister looked like and hoped that she looked like her mother. She wanted to know what her name was and wanted to know what her life had been like up until now. She was hoping that her mother had left her with good people, who would take care of her and protect her. Daemon had spent some time with her after giving her the news, but then he had left. He wanted to talk to Harwin so they could start looking for her sister.

Rhaenyra had given up working on her essay, she would not be able to concentrate anyway. She still had a week to get it done and she would work on it tomorrow. Right now all she could think about was her mother and everything she had gone through. She wanted her father dead, wanted him to suffer for everything he had done.

"Mommy," Rhaenyra was snapped out of her thoughts by Aemond's voice and looked down. The little boy climbed onto the sofa and sat next to her. He looked at her for a moment and she could see the curiosity in his eyes. "Awe you sad?"

"No, my love." She ran a hand over his head and gave him a small smile. "Why do you think that?"

"I don't know." He shrugged and just continued to look at her. "Did Daddy make you sad? We can kick him out."

Rhaenyra let out a laugh before picking him up and setting him on her lap. She kissed his head and his little cheeks, smiling for the first time in hours. He always had a way to make her feel better, to make her smile. She wondered if that was the way her mother had felt about her. She wished her mother was here, that she could have met Aemond, that she had more time with her own children.

"I love you, Aemond." She kissed the top of his head again and hugged him a little tighter. "You are my best gift."

"I love you too." He wrapped his arms around her neck. She pulled back after a few minutes and smiled at him again. He looked at her for a few seconds. "So can daddy stay ow do we kick him out?"

She started laughing and tickled him until he was giggling uncontrollably. "No, we do not have to kick him out. Your father didn't make me sad."

He nodded and then continued laughing when she tickled him again. That was how Daemon found them.

"Well, you both look happy." He moved farther into the room and sat beside her. He kissed Aemond's forehead, before kissing her lips quickly. Aemond did not like when he kissed her for too long. "I'm happy to see the both of you having a good time."

"We are happy you are home, right Aemond?" The little boy nodded before moving to his father's lap. Rhaenyra gave Daemon an amused smile. "And you will be happy to know that you are allowed to stay in the house."

"What?" He looked so confused that Rhaenyra started laughing and Aemond was giggling. "What are you talking about?"

"There was a moment where the idea of kicking you out of the house came into play." Daemon raised an eyebrow. "But you will be happy to know that Aemond and I voted and you will now be allowed to stay."

"Really?" Daemon asked with a droll look on his face.

"Yes, Daddy," Aemond said with a serious look on his face. "But mommy said you did not make hew sad, so now you can stay. Isn't that good?"