Chapter 5

Rhaenyra takes care of Aemond. We see Daemon's possessive and manipulative side again. Someone comes looking for Rhaenyra. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

1 week later.

Taking care of Aemond was exhausting and rewarding at the same time. Rhaenyra had come to adore the little boy in the few days she had known him and he seemed to love her also. They played games, went on walks, and read books. She would make sure to wake him up early in the morning to say goodbye to his father. She would take him downstairs, still in his pajamas so he could say goodbye to his father and then their day would start. Ada was happy that Rhaenyra was taking care of Aemond, the boy had exhausted the poor woman. The other good thing about taking care of the little boy was that she had been able to stay away from his father. She was not deluding herself, she knew Daemon had not forgotten about their deal. Something had happened with his business and he had been extremely busy during the past three days. He was also more stressed and was quicker to anger.

Aemond had been a bit restless today, he was missing Daemon. Rhaenyra felt bad for the poor boy and found a new way to distract him.

"Aemond." The boy lifted his head from his drawing. "Do you want to go swimming?"

"Yes!" His excitement was contagious, but then he frowned. "Daddy say no water without him."

"Yes, but that was before I was here." She kneeled in front of Aemond and tickled his belly, making him giggle. "But I am here now and you are allowed to go into the water with me."

Aemond clapped his little hands, jumping in excitement. She took him to his bedroom and changed him quickly. She already had her swimsuit underneath her clothes, having planned to go swimming while Aemond was napping, but was happy to swim with him instead.

She walked into the shallow end of the pool and extended her arms towards Aemond, thinking that the little boy would be a little apprehensive about getting in. She should have known better, Aemond gave her a large smile before jumping in and missing her arms completely. Rhaenyra dove in after him, grabbing his waist and pulling him up quickly. The little devil laughed delighted like he had not almost just given her a heart attack. Apparently, unlike most two year olds Aemond had no problems holding his head underwater, he actually loved it. The indoor pool was heated and was the perfect temperature all year round, which meant they could stay there as long as they wished. Ada brought them a few snacks and Rhaenyra made sure they ate it out of the water.

She smiled at Aemond's happiness, glad that she had been able to distract him. He ran around the pool, under her careful supervision and Rhaenyra made sure he was always at arms' length. They had been playing in the water for over two hours when the door to the pool opened and Daemon walked in, glaring at her. Aemond squealed when he saw his father and ran to him.

"Daddy!" Daemon picked up his son, not caring that his suit was getting wet, and kissed his cheek. "You awe hewe."

"Yes, I am. Are you having fun with Rhaenyra?" Aemond nodded and Daemon smiled at him before turning to glare at her. "What are you wearing?"

"A bikini." She answered with a roll of her eyes.

"That's not a bikini, that is a crime." His gaze moved down her body and she was sure that if Aemond wasn't with them he would have jumped her by now. "I come home to find most of my men, who are supposed to be on guard, standing by the pool doors staring at you like idiots."

"Is not my fault what your men do." She was sure her snarky tone made her sound like a child, but she didn't care. He made her nervous and she didn't like how aware her body was of him every time he walked into a room. "I was having a good time with Aemond."