Chapter 28

Rhaenyra gets a chance to speak to her sister for a little bit and the girl isn't pleased with Harwin. I hope you guys like it 🥰

Her eyes opened and it took her a moment to even realize what was happening. She sucked in a breath and jumped up, looking around her. She was in a bedroom, that while it was very pretty, was not hers. The bed she was lying in was very comfortable, and she was a bit confused. She looked around her again, trying to figure out where she was. She jumped when she saw the woman standing in one of the corners of the room. Her eyes widened when she noticed her silver hair and purple eyes. She had never seen someone who looked so much like her before.

"Hi," The woman's voice was sweet. She moved closer to the bed and gave her a hesitant smile. "I'm Rhaenyra Targaryen and you are in my home."

"Why am I here?" She was curious about the other woman, but she still wanted to know why she had been kidnapped. "Are you the reason I'm here?"

"Yes, in a way." Rhaenyra's look was apologetic. "I didn't ask Harwin to kidnap you, but he did it for me."

"Harwin?" She tried to think if she ever heard that name. "Is that the handsome man who brought me here?"

"Yes," Rhaenyra sat on the side of the bed. "I'm sorry, I forgot to ask. What's your name?"

"My name is Rhaelys." She wanted to know who Rhaenyra was. "Who are you?"

"I'm your sister." Rhaelys's eyes widened. She hadn't even known she had a sister. Rhaelys had been told she was a Targaryen and her mother's name, but not much more than that. Arthur, the man who raised her, had told her she was being hidden to protect her from her father, but he had never told her his name. Rhaelys had looked up the Targaryens online, but there were several of them and she wasn't sure who was who. She had only seen a few pictures of her mother. "I have waited so long to meet you."

Rhaelys could tell Rhaenyra was telling the truth. The way the other woman was looking at her was unlike anything she had ever seen. She had been alone for so long, like a princess locked in a tower, literally on the tower part. She had been kept away from everyone, only a few people had been allowed to see her. She had been locked away so she could be saved, but she had not been living. She didn't want to be ungrateful, because the Daynes had protected her, even when she had not been their blood, but knowing she had a family was a completely different feeling.

"How long have you known about me?"

"Six years." Rhaelys was a bit surprised by her answer. She would have thought that Rhaenyra knew about her existence since the beginning. Her sister must have seen the confusion in her face because she hurried to explain. "I was five when our mother was pregnant with you. I remember that she had a fall and two days later she returned home and her belly wasn't as large as it had been when she left. She told everyone that the baby had died and everyone believed her because there wasn't a reason not to. A couple of weeks later she was dead and I didn't find out you were actually alive until six years ago when I ran away from our father. Once I found out you were alive I did everything possible to find you."

"Why did you run from our father?"

"Our father wasn't a good man. A few days after my eighteen birthday I found out that he wanted to marry me to one of his men. I started snooping and that's when I also found out that the only reason our father wanted to marry me off was to get access to my trust fund. I also discovered that he was the one who gave the order to have our mother killed."

"Why?"

"He wasn't a good man." Rhaenyra shook her head. "I don't want to overwhelm you right now and we can talk about that later. It doesn't matter anymore, our father is dead and he has been dead for years."