Chapter 34

Rhaelys finds out about what Arthur did and makes a move to help. I hope you guys like it 🥰

Rhaenyra couldn't stop crying when Daemon told their children had been taken. Arthur Dayne refused to return them and promised to send them back one piece at a time if they didn't give him Rhaelys. She couldn't believe that the man would take two small children, in their world wives and children were off-limits. The last person who attempted to attack her and Aemond was her father and he was now dead. Daemon had been on the phone with Doran Martell threatening every hell he could think of. War was imminent and she could tell that the Martells were trying to calm down her husband, not that they were succeeding.

"Sir," One of the men ran into the house, a small box in his hands. Daemon hung up the phone without saying anything and turned to look at the guard. "This just came for you."

Daemon took the box from the man and opened it, his eyes went hard but not before Rhaenyra saw the horror in them. She moved and yanked the box from his hands before he could stop her and a cry escaped her throat when she saw the bloody silver lock of hair. She immediately knew it belonged to Aemond. Aemma's hair was a bit more curly and a different shade of silver. It was a small lock of hair, but she had no idea where the blood had come from, she could imagine how scared they were. She wanted her children back and she wanted Arthur Dayne to suffer, to feel the same pain she was feeling a thousand times over.

"Here she is." Harwin walked into the sitting room, Rhaelys beside him.

Daemon's eyes narrowed and he was in Rhaelys's personal space in a second, making her sister step back with wide eyes. "I want to know everything you know about Arthur Dayne."

"What happened?" Rhaelys looked between her and Daemon. "What's wrong?"

"Arthur took my children." Rhaelys's eyes widened and she tried to move closer to Rhaenyra, but Daemon stepped in her way. Rhaenyra gave her sister a pleading look. "Please, tell us what you know about him."

"Are you sure it was him?" Her sister gave her a pleading look. "Arthur has always been a gentle person, he wouldn't do something like this."

"He wouldn't?" Daemon took the box from Rhaenyra and slapped it on Rhaelys's hands while glaring at the woman. "Arthur called me seven hours ago and let me talk to Aemond for a few seconds. We just got this from him."

Rhaenyra saw her sister's eyes become horrified when she opened the box and saw the bloody lock of hair. Her hands trembled as she handed it back to Daemon. "I don't know where he might be, I never left the tower and I have never been in Kings Landing before I was brought here."

"So you have no idea where he might be?" Daemon asked.

"No," Rhaelys gave Daemon a pleading look. "I don't think he has friends here."

Daemon cursed and Rhaenyra could see how frustrated he was, which just made her more nervous. What would happen if her husband was not able to find the location where Arthur was keeping their children, what would happen?  

 What would happen if her husband was not able to find the location where Arthur was keeping their children, what would happen?