Chapter 14

A little bit of Daemon and Rhaenyra's date, before things go a bit wrong. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

Rhaenyra finished applying her lipstick and looked at herself in the mirror. She had been a bit apprehensive about what to wear to her date with Daemon. At first, she had wanted to look more like an adult than the teenager she was, but none of the dresses she tried had convinced her. In the end, she decided to be herself and dressed how she usually dressed. If Daemon had a problem with going out with a teenager then he would have taken out somebody else. In the end, she decided to wear a pink floral corseted minidress and didn't put too much makeup on. She fixed her hair one last time before walking out of her room and heading to the sitting room, where Daemon and Aemond were waiting for her. Ada would be watching Aemond for the night while she and Daemon went to dinner.

"Wow." Aemond's eyes widened when he saw her come in. "You look so pwetty, mommy."

"Thank you, my love." She kissed the top of his head and gave him a smile. "Are you going to be good for Ada and go to bed on time?"

"Yes," Aemond gave her an excited look. "I need west fow ouw special day tomowwo."

"Perfect." She kissed him again before turning to look at Daemon, who was looking at her in a way that made her blush. "I'm ready whenever you are."

"Good." Daemon moved closer to her, took one of her hands, and kissed the inside of her palm. "I know you were already told by someone else, but you look beautiful."

"Thank you," She gave him a teasing smile. "But it sounded better coming from the cutest man in the room."

"Yes, he is hard to compete against," Daemon said with a roll of his eyes. "Come on, let's go."

"Bye-bye." Aemond waved at both of them before glaring at Daemon. "Bwing hew back soon."

Rhaenyra laughed at Daemon's annoyed look as they waved goodbye to Aemond. The drive to the restaurant wasn't too long and Rhaenyra had to admit it was a very nice restaurant. They were seated immediately and Rhaenyra couldn't help but notice how respectful people were towards Daemon. Her father had always talked about being powerful and having people obey him, but people had never treated him the way people treated Daemon here.

"You were right." Rhaenyra smiled at Daemon. "This place is amazing and the food is excellent."

"I'm so glad you like it." Daemon pushed his plate away. "The owners are Valyrian and the restaurant was on the red when I met them."

"I can't imagine why they would be in the red." She looked around the room. "This place is beautiful and the food is amazing, they appeared to be doing really well now."

"They are now." Daemon took a sip of his wine. "I paid to have the restaurant renovated and helped them get back on their feet."

"As much as I would love to think you did this out of the goodness of your heart, I know you." Her smile was teasing. "Why did you decide to help them?"

"And you don't think the good food was enough reason?" She gave him a disbelieving look, which just made him laugh. "They now work for me and I also get a small percentage of their monthly earnings."

"I knew it," Rhaenyra said with a laugh.

If she had been a normal girl and grown up in a normal family she would have found what Daemon did despicable. But in their world, it was normal for them to take advantage of other people's hardships.

Rhaenyra was happy she had decided to go on a date with Daemon, it was good to see the way he acted outside of the house. It was also good for them to do things together that didn't involve sex. This part of their relationship was new for them, but it was a good different.