Chapter 13

This is short chapter, a little light before trouble starts. Aemond lets Daemon knows how things are. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

Rhaenyra was reading one of the books for her class when Daemon walked into his study. He allowed her to use his study when he wasn't home, it was more comfortable for her and it was quiet, she did not have maids walking by talking and laughing. She put down the book and stood up, frowning at the look on his face. He looked pissed and worried at the same time.

"What's wrong?"

"Your father knows you are here." Rhaenyra frowned. "Someone sent him a picture of you and Aemond when he was at the hospital."

"How did you find out?"

"Rhaenys came to see me." Rhaenyra was surprised by that, it had been three weeks since Daemon had sent Rhaenys a package with proof of what was going on with Corlys. Rhaenys had not tried to get in contact with him, or done anything about it. Apparently, their cousin had just needed a bit more time. "She wants my help protecting her son."

Rhaenyra frowned for a moment, not sure how he was supposed to do that, then her eyes widened. "She wants to help you take over the family."

"Yes, she is willing to help me make that happen." Daemon still did not look too excited about it, which confused her. "I hate not knowing who sent that picture of you and Aemond to your father. I don't like not knowing things."

"I understand, but we are safe here." She moved closer to him. "You said it yourself, your house is a fortress and no one will be able to get in here without you knowing it or allowing it. Now that we know my father is aware of where I am, I will just be more careful."

"More careful than you have been?" Daemon gave her an incredulous look. "Rhaenyra you have not left his house since Aemond was in the hospital, you pretty much have given up your entire life just to be safe. How much longer do you think you will be able to stay here like this without losing your mind?"

"I don't know." She was happy that he was worried not only about her physical health but her mental health as well. Since their fight at the hospital he had been treating her differently, it wasn't just the gifts he gave her, but the way he had taken the time to talk to her and get to know her showed her how hard he was trying. She gave him an amused smile. "I can be very patient."

"Yes, you have been incredibly patient." He cupped her face with one hand. "But you can't be locked in here forever, it will get to you."

"Will I be safe if I go out with you?"

"Yes," He ran his thumb over the side of her face. "You are always safe when you are with me."

"Then you can take me out."

He looked a bit surprised that she had even asked and just stared at her. His mouth slammed down on hers, his hands crushing her body to his. Her mouth opened under his, her hands going to the back of his neck as she kissed him back. His hands moved down her back, enjoying the way her pink yoga pants molded to her body and squeezing her ass. He walked her backward until she was pressed between him and the desk, his mouth becoming ravenous. She broke the kiss, smiling when he tried to follow her mouth.

"I think we should stop." She could see and feel how much he wanted her, but she was still trying to figure some things out. "I think you should make a little more effort before I decide to jump into bed with you again, maybe take me on a date now that I don't have to be in hiding anymore."

"You are killing me, Rhaenyra." He squeezed her ass again before taking a step back. "But you are right, I should at least take you somewhere special."

"Yes, you should." She moved closer to him, running a finger over his chest. "And in the meantime, I will enjoy torturing you."